18| Prom Night

Author's POV

Author's POV

High school Prom, a night filled with anticipation, shimmering dresses, and the promise of unforgettable memories. For most teenagers, it's a chance to revel in the magic of youth, but for Jennie, it holds a different significance. It represents a battlefield, where she seeks to reclaim her worth and rewrite the narrative of a lifetime of neglect at the hands of her own mother.

The night when the world will see her actions as one of rebellion.

As Jennie slips into her elegant dress, a storm brews within her, fueled by years of pent-up frustration and resentment. Her mother never treated her like a daughter should be treated. She was a mere afterthought in her mother's life, overshadowed by her mother's selfish desires and pursuits.

The pain of being ignored, dismissed, and forgotten festered within Jennie's heart, creating a burning desire for revenge.

But amidst the darkness, a flicker of light emerges. Lisa, her devoted lover, stands by her side, unwavering in her support and love.

Together, they defy the odds, determined to attend Prom as a symbol of their resilience and a testament to their unbreakable bond.

Against all odds, they refuse to let the scars of their past dictate their future.

Not Lisa's alcoholic father.

Or Jennie's homophobic mother.

But rather, their love.

As Jennie steps into the Prom venue, her heart races with a mix of nervous excitement and raw determination. The opulent decorations and the pulsating music create an intoxicating atmosphere, a stark contrast to the turmoil brewing within her. With each step, she feels the weight of her revenge plan, the desire to expose her mother's true colors and reclaim her rightful place in her own story.