10| No Hetero

Author's POV

Author's POV

Crush.

The idea that Jennie could ever like Lisa had always seemed so ludicrous to her, almost laughable, but right now, as she gazes at her; she watches as her best friend's lips curl up into its usual sweet smile and her eyes light up, the rays of the afternoon sun glowing softly on her skin. She can feel her heartbeat quickening, her breath catching in her throat.

Oh, she thinks the thought is fleeting but enough to make her swallow, thickly, as the realization dawns upon her.

So maybe I do like her. Jennie swallowed hard as she watched Lisa laugh with Jisoo and the others.

She has seen beanies before. But Lisa wearing one was like a drug or serotonin rather. Maybe I should study medicine, and memorize all the medical terms for how I feel. Oh, god. I sound cheesy like Lisa.

"Not to ruin the moment, but a proposal can help your case". A masculine deep voice altered all of her senses as she swiftly turned around to face the owner of the voice.

Taehyung.

Her ex.

Out of everyone, she had to see him again.

He has changed a lot—voice deeper than the ocean, face all shaved, and hair much longer. He looked mature, she couldn't help but notice the genuine smile on his face. Jennie swallowed hard and blinked rapidly, "Taehyung?".

"Surprise?".

"What are you doing here?". The man almost winced at her tone, and she didn't mean for it to be rude but she was curious.

He looked around and adjusted his backpack before answering her, "What everyone here is doing?".

"Right". She forced a smile.

That was silly to ask.

"So, how have you been?". There was space between them, and for some reason, it wasn't suffocating her or anything. Like the breakup didn't happen, and who was she kidding? They were young, sophomores who were madly in love with each other. They broke it off for good when he had to leave.

"Is this awkward?". He shifted on his spot, not knowing what to say because Jennie was too quiet.

She shrugs her head, "No, why would it be?".

"You're silent".

"You ask a lot of questions". Jennie's sassy tone made him smile even more. This was nothing new to him.

"So, Lisa huh?".

Jennie's heart started beating fast at the mention of her name, forgetting that Lisa was meters away from the others. Her brain circulated in ways that made her want to gasp for air when she saw doe eyes staring at her from afar.