16| Moth To A Flame

Author's POV

Author's POV

Days passed by, and hold the two best friends, who didn't have the clarity of why this silence was happening between them. Lisa distanced herself to the point where it made Jennie cry every night. She felt used, as Lisa's voice rings in her head, telling her to leave.

She was torn and didn't know what to believe anymore.

"What an asshole". She would murmur to herself after crying her heart out.

Meanwhile, Lisa would sigh heavily and stare out the window, wondering if she has told Jennie the truth, and the reasons why she chose to push her away, would Jennie still listen?

A flashback of the day she found her with Taehyung back then crosses her mind.. and it brings so much anger to her heart, just imagining Jennie with someone else instead of her.

**Flashback On**

It was a beautiful day, as Taehyung and Jennie, decided to go on a picnic. They had been friends for a long while, and always had a great time together. As they sat on the blanket, enjoying the sun and the view, V suddenly felt a strong urge to tell Jennie how he felt about her.

"Jen?". V called nervously, "I have to tell you something. I've been keeping it a secret for a long time, but I think I'm in love with you".

Jennie looked at him in surprise. "Really, V? I had no idea. I've been keeping a secret too. I'm in love with you too".

Taehyung's face lit up with excitement as he joked with her, "You are? Oh, we should start dating right away".

Jennie's eyes widened, "Woah, slow it down, but I kinda.. agree". She looked in the distance, not noticing the eyes that has been cast on them for a long while now. "But, we have to keep it a secret from the others. They might not understand."

Just then, Lisa walked up to them. "What are you guys up to?".

Lisa was no fool, she knew how much Taehyung desired Jennie.

Taehyung and Jennie quickly looked at each other, trying to hide their embarrassed faces from the glaring angry doe eyes, "Oh, just enjoying the sunshine," Jennie said casually and tugged at Lisa's arm so she can sit down with them.

Lisa sat down next to them and started unpacking her lunch, ignoring the burning feeling inside of her chest, "Have you guys heard about that new restaurant that just opened up? I heard they have the best Kimchi in town".

The couple couldn't help but stare at each other, catching glances and then looking away, "What's so funny? Am I missing something here?" Lisa asked, looking between them, with a blank expression.

They both looked at each other for a moment and then burst out laughing. "Oh, nothing, Lis. We're just happy to be hanging out with you," V said.