15| Each Time You Fall In Love

Jennie

Jennie

Joy, relief, and so many emotions could describe the certainty that carried my soul that night. How I was flying, chasing stars that I never knew were there, to begin with. Love, this is what love is. The thought that interludes with my senses is telling me that this is how movies are--that reality is so dishearted. So, how can that be true?

I woke up to an empty bed that morning.

"Earth to Jennie Kim!".

Jisoo snapped her fingers at my face, I almost jumped and fell off my seat.

"What?".

"Getting laid did that to you?". Seulgi comments.

"What are you guys talking about?". I played dumb, pretending that my heart wasn't hurting and that maybe Lisa will come around, and reassure my fears.

"That you're in love with Limario". Jisoo's smile widens, "Speaking of the devil"

Author's Pov

Lisa walks up to them, a distant stare locking with Jennie's for a second before she looks away and sits beside Jisoo. Jennie notices the eyes that longed for her, staring off into the distance, but never at her. Hell, Lisa even haven't thought of sitting beside her.

Hurt, that's the way she felt.

Despite that, she brightly smiled and tried to ask, "Hey, how have you been?".

Lisa was taken aback by the way Jennie's voice gently echoes, it was almost like she felt guilty for the way she felt, but staring at the eyes of an angel is like deeming bravery upon something that you haven't been chosen for. "I'm good.. I've been good".

Jennie's smile falls when Lisa excuses herself from the table.

"Where have I gone wrong?".

The facade is torn, as one tear slips down Jennie's cheek, Seulgi rubs her back soothingly.

She remembers exactly her thoughts the next day when she woke up in an empty bed; 'I can't believe she left me like this. After that one-night stand, I thought we had something special. I thought we had a connection that went beyond physical attraction. But now, she's gone, she left me. I'm left feeling hurt and used. I don't understand her reasons for leaving me like this. Was it something I did? Something I said? Or was it just a one-night stand for her? I can't help but feel angry at her. How could she just walk away from me like this? Didn't she see how much I cared about her? Didn't she see how much I wanted to be with her? It felt like she used me and then threw me away like a piece of scrap. Despite how much I felt violated and disrespected, a part of me told me Lisa would never do this to me. She made sure I always felt protected, so how can she go against everything and leave me that night? I thought we had something special, but now the feeling creeps on me, I realize that I was just a temporary distraction for her. The pain I feel is overwhelming, and I can't help but wonder if I'll ever be able to trust someone again. It's like my heart has been shattered into a million pieces, and I don't know how to put it back together. All I know is that I never want to feel this hurt and used again, but was I like every other girl she met?'.