Chapter 37: Promotions

Hope

I grit my teeth as I am picked up, hands supporting my body. I am carried somewhere, and at this point, I don't try to figure out the layout of this maze. 

The giant grumbles happily as it walks along, humming to herself every once in a while. 

I roll my eyes as I'm brought in a room, but they widen as soon as they take in the scene before them. 

Lots of giants. Not just white ones either. Lots of different ones, colors, sizes, shapes, and oh, so much more. 

I don't like this one bit. 

Max

I shiver slightly, not used to being naked, as the thing holding me walks us into a room. Inside, it has plush carpeting, with a pen in the corner, and two other white giants waiting. 

I shrink under their gazes, the large hand around me tightening just enough to still me. 

Slowly, as if afraid of jostling me, it settles cross legged on the carpet, before slowly placing me in the large space between its legs and torso. 

The carpet is soft to the touch, and I glance around the room. It has shelves against the back wall, clear bins inside them, full to them brim with toys. 

Along another wall, are hooks holding up things like harnesses, collars, weird suits, and other such stuff. 

The carpet is a soft blue, while the walls are the same white as anywhere else in the building. 

I don't notice the hands reaching for me until I feel something carefully and lightly strap around me, and I snap my head back to look at the giant. 

After a few seconds, its hands leave my body, and I look down to see a harness around me, and I gasp, my eyes filling with tears. 

I don't want this. I don't. I want to be back home. With my family. 

The same alien pats me on the head with a claw, and I stiffen as one of the other aliens leaning against a wall stands to full height, and nears us. 

I back up, my body ramming into the giant behind me as the new one bends over, smiling. 

What do they want?

Silas

I peek my eye open when Max is carried back in. Around him is a harness, but one I've never seen before. It is bright red, with some weird tags on it, and it has more buckles, padding, and straps to it than any others I have examined before.