Chapter 8: Tough Luck...and a Bite

Hrae

We ended up calling in Guerel and Mrusnus, our usual team. They weren't happy when we explained the situation, but we have no choice.

The four of us pins the poor human down on the metal table on his back, after we place his head on a high pillow.

He squirms, eyes full of fear as Dr. Limio grabs a long, syringe tube with a squeeze bottle attached to it.

He fills the bottle with rice milk and leans over the human. Meiltih forces his mouth open by pushing his fingers in his mouth, and Dr. Limio slides the tube end in.

Meiltih then holds his head and neck still as Dr. Limio maneuvers the tube down his throat enough so that he can't use his tongue to push the milk back up.

The human grunts and gasps, struggling, but to no avail. "Shhh, let's not make it worse." Meilith mumbles, his claws stroking the boy's cheeks, tears silently falling down them as Dr. Limio finally finishes sliding the tube down.

Then gently and slowly, he squeezes the bottle, and the milk starts to travel down the tube, the rest of the throat the tube did not reach, and into his stomach.

"Hopefully, he'll learn to just eat it to avoid this option." Dr. Limio mumbles as we continue to feed the poor guy.  

Jackus

When the last drops leave the bottle, their holds slacken, but I just lie there, panting and crying silently.

I wince as the tube is pulled out of my throat and mouth, saliva coating it. The alien at my head strokes me gently as I shudder, my stomach full and the feeling of the nasty food still coating my throat.

It's sludgy and rubbery and just awful, making it hard to swallow.

When I try, saliva drools out of my mouth and down my chin. The aliens hum and click as one of them grabs a rag and wipes the drool off of my face and neck.

Most of the hands leave, but I only curl up into a ball on my side, shaking and shivering from the trauma of what the hell just happened.

A claw touches my chin, and I look up to see the alien in the white coat that just force fed me with a glass of cool water, with a straw at my mouth.

I open my mouth and suck on the straw. The cool water rushes down my tortured throat, and relief fills me as it washes away most of the feeling.

Once it's drained, the alien that brought me here scoops my lifeless body in his arms, and I am carried out.

His chest produces those rumbles again, and I don't even try to fight him as we walk in the cage room.

I am dropped back inside on the nest, and with a few pets on the head, he leaves me alone.

I fall asleep, too drained to do anything else.  

Meilith

The next day, I arrive at work, upset that we have to do this all over again.

Luckily the rice milk keeps humans fed for a day, so they only need to  be fed once a day, but it's still not fun having to force food down a throat of such an innocent creature.

When I walk in, I nod my greetings to my team. "When are we feeding your charge today?" Guruel asks, and I look at the clock.

"Around noon. I'm going to go check on him though, see how he's faring." I mumble and he nods before I continue my way.  

Jackus

I hate this place. I hate it. I am not an animal...I am not something to be caged. 

I have buried myself completely under the nest, my chest touching the cold stone ground. I made sure no one can spot me in the pile, and they would have to dig for a bit to find me.

I must avoid them as much as possible.

Heavy footsteps alert me to someone approaching my cage, along with the lid squeaking as it is lifted.

A few alien gurgles and clicks, and I feel the nest shaking a bit. I growl warningly to tell them to leave me alone.

I am done!

Of course, they don't listen. I lie there as they dig in deeper, until a hand touches the top of my hand.

Fear has taken root, and before thinking, I snap my teeth around the hand, and it screeches, pulling and tugging.

I clamp tighter, snarling. Maybe this will teach you to leave me alone!

Finally, it wrenches free and leaves. The movement of my nest stills, and I sigh in relief.