01| Meet My Best Friend

Jennie

Jennie

High school wasn't as I expected when I moved to this city. The concept of education was flushed down the toilets of this hell. It was the merrier thoughts of hookups, alcohol, and fights. With no salt in between, just the high sugar of being under someone's eyes while they make their fantasies come true.

I lose my focus in every class.

Mom's threatening words still ring in my head; "If you don't take your grades seriously, then the punishment is going to be permanent, young lady. The music stuff you want to pursue is ridiculous, as a Kim".

I rolled my eyes in annoyance and stumbled into the second semester, noticing the stares of the guys, and the ladies too. People take popularity as a privilege, well, it can be, but at this moment, I wanted nothing more than to hide for the rest of the day.

Speaking of fights, my friends had that reputation. Our group was huge, but a certain thought engulfed my head. Lisa shoved a guy inside a locker all for bumping into me once hard. The boy was apologetic and traumatized, no wonder he switched schools and left. I shrug my head at the memory.

But, I remembered our first encounter and this is how it went;

**FLASHBACK ON**

School.

Seriously name something more stressful than this hell. Laughter echoes through the hallway as I walk anxiously through the students, who wouldn't shut the fuck up!

Yes, it's a private school.

That is full of students who don't have any sense of having private lives. Nosy and judgmental is what they are. I rolled my eyes as I noticed the boys staring. A short glare was thrown their way, as they looked away just as fast.

I held my books and looked at the little paper that showed my classes for the day. Math. The first pain in the ass subject that I had to keep up with, or else I'm failing this year, and fail something called life.

I was stopped in my train of thought when I bumped into someone very hard, causing my books to fall and for them to groan. That sexy groan though. And it's not a man, fellas.

So does that make me gay for finding it attractive?

I'm straight for all I know.

A girl who looked my age was the case of the doing. I blinked and angrily kneeled to pick up my books. "Watch where you're going". The girl calmly monotoned.

"Excuse me?". I clenched my jaw.

As I stood up, to face whoever was talking back at me. I was struck with the beauty my straightness was witnessing.

This girl is beautiful.

I haven't seen her before.

The first thing I noticed was her eyes. They were big and round, curious and calm as they met mine. She looked innocent, and that made her so attractive in my eyes. Her bangs were perfectly covering her forehead, seeming almost a perfect fit, to her pretty features. The yellow hoodie didn't match her vibe at all.