Acquaintances

Regular POV

That was close! I don't think he noticed..

You were hiding behind the gate pillar that was made of brick. You were dressed in one of Mires extra uniforms.
It was for extra precautions of course incase you were caught.

It's not like I'm stalking him! I'm just curious.. that's all..

"And who were all those girls who went over to him? And who was that guy he was with?" You mumbled out beginning to take a peek again.

"Well well..~"

You jumped as you came face to face with Mire. He had a passive aggressive look on his face as he grabbed your arm through the gate.

"Darling mind telling me why the hell you're not at home?"
He reached pass the bars and slammed the back of his palm on your forehead with a slap.
"You're burning up!!"
"I'm fine Mire.."

Just as Mire was going to scold you again a boy around Mires age came behind him. His uniform was neat unlike his curly red hair.
He had light freckles that stood out on his brown skin. He had a confused look plastered on his face as he saw you.

That's the same boy from earlier!

"Uh Mire.. who is this? Your girlfriend? Why is she in a male uniform?" The boy asked and Mire looked as though he was about to snap.

Mire placed his thumb and index finger on the ridge of his nose. He closed his eyes as he sighed and took his scarf off. He wrapped it around you gently through the bars.
"Man.. she is hot dude.. how'd you manage to trap her?" The boy laughed.
"If I told you that, I'd have to kill you~" Mire grinned and the boy broke a sweat, laughing nervously.

"Anyways.. I'm Micheal! Your boyfriends bestfriend, and you are?"
"Darling don't answer that! He's not my bestfriend, he just won't stop following me around.." Mire spat and you watched as him and Micheal bickered childishly.

The school bell rung and everyone began to go inside.
You looked around them both and saw teachers starting to notice y'all by the gate. Mire trailed your eyes and caught what you were staring at.
"You walked here right? It's too cold and I don't have time to take you back. Hop the fence" Mire demanded and you didn't hesitate.

You began to climb it but not without help from the two boys.
When you finally made it over a teacher came by and didn't even pay you any attention.

"Mire, Micheal, the results from the exams have been hung up. I thought since you both were at the top of the school you'd like too know"

The teacher said his statement and left but not before scolding you.

"Young lady that is not proper uniform, stop by the nurse they have extra clothes. If I see you again, you have detention!"

Detention?! For wearing male clothing?? I don't even go to this school!
Man this school is strict..

You turned your attention to Mire who had already rolled his eyes at the teacher. You figured since Mire wasn't as worried about it you shouldn't be either.

Mire doesn't seem to be giving me much attention..

"It doesn't matter to me, I'm always number one" Mire unintentionally bragged going back to the exam topic.
"I have a good feeling I'm number one this year.." Micheal nudged you with a smile and Mire glared at you.
"I doubt a fool like you would even make it pass the top 80" Mire spat starting to sound a little to much like Bren.

You were witnessing men clashing pridefully first hand.

"Let's go check then Mr popular~"

Mr popular?

...

You walked with Mire and Micheal down an unfamiliar hall until you saw a crowd of students. They paused when they saw them both and you all walked up to the board with papers. All sorts of names were written on them with numbers.

It was really silent unlike a few moments ago.

Mires bit his lip angrily and Micheal let out a cheer.

You looked up at the papers.

1.) Micheal T. Sholts
2.) Mire Valentin
3.) ...
...

I guess Mire really doesn't have a middle name..

"No harm in friendly rivalry right Mire?" Micheal smirked.

If you were being honest, Micheal gave you Ty and Gina vibes.
What you were trying to say was.. Micheal didn't seem that smart.
I guess you can't judge a book by it's cover.

You looked at Mire who's hair was covering his face.
Whispers came from the crowd.

"Omg Mires always first though!"
"Well he was been gone for two months.."
"He's so hot.."

The bell rung again and everyone dispersed to class leaving you, Mire and Micheal alone.
You wondered what they were both thinking. Micheal just stood with a smirk and you couldn't make out Mires face.
We're they going to fight?

"Well I wasn't expecting that.." Mire started chuckling which surprised you.
"Shouldn't underestimate people. I'm a genius aswell you know? Part of the reason I took interest in you.." Micheal smiled and patted Mires shoulder.
Mires head shot up and moved his hand.
"Don't get too chummy but you have won my respect" Mire rolled his eyes and glanced at you for a brief moment. Your heart skipped a beat and your mind couldn't help but feel you had done something wrong.
"Respect? I'll take it" Micheal grinned and gave Mire a card. "I heard you run a company, I wouldn't mind working for you"

Micheal looked at you and smiled.
You took a step back and almost saw a glimpse of Mire in him.
Was it insanity?
I mean they were both pretty smart but geniuses? You couldn't imagine..

They say there's a thin line between being a genius and being insane.

Maybe that's why Mire isn't as bothered by him?

Mire looked at you and back to him.
"Alright.. I have to take care of some stuff first.."
As Mire uttered those words his hand wrapped around your wrist.
Michaels smile remanded.
"Alright"

He turned the opposite direction and walked away. You and Mire didn't move from your spot until he was fully out of view.
As soon as he was, Mire pulled you up some stairs and to a broom closet.
He was a little rougher than you anticipated and he shut the door.

"Now explain yourself"

Fun Fact: Mire doesn't like attention unless it's from you