Bonding

Bren was now over your house.
It was honestly better than being alone and he was the only person you felt like talking too.
You sat on the couch with him.

"So why did you push me in that pool?" You asked.
He poked his lips out and looked away.
"Because I wanted too.."
"You're pure evil!"
"Whatever! I saved you too!"
You rolled your eyes and popped some popcorn in your mouth. You both were watching a horror movie.
Brens hair was messy and he was wearing red plaid pajama pants and a black tank top. This was your first time noticing how muscular he was. You seemed to get caught up in his blue eyes and he jumped.
"Stop fucking staring at me!"
"Geez.." You rolled your eyes and continued watching the movie.

Soon it became dark and he was about to leave.
"Bren do you want to stay the night?" You asked curiously.
An iconic smirk appeared on his face.
He pushed you against the wall with your arms pinned above your head. He stared into your dull eyes.
"Aren't you scared I might do something~ I am me after all.."
"I don't care.." You let your fingers trail on his hands as he pinned you. "I just don't want to be alone.."
He looked at you surprised and sighed.
Bren let you go and went towards the front door.
"Well sorry seedling, my company is not free"
He walked out the door leaving you shocked and somewhat disappointed.
You turned to go your room when you heard the door opened again.

"Heh.. w-well I guess I can this one time.."

...

You both went in the room and talked about the sleeping arrangements a bit. In the end, you were both in the same bed facing opposite ways.
"Remember that time you made me drink because of those jocks?"
"Yea.."
"Why would you do that asshole?!"
"I thought it was kinda fun.." He pouted.
You groaned and it was silent again.

"What do you mean he's gone?"
"He's just gone okay! I don't wanna talk about it.." You became defensive and Bren noticed.
"You know.. he really did almost kill me" Bren kind've laughed. You turned around and he was laying on his back facing the ceiling. "It was the day of that storm remember? A few weeks back?"
You nodded.
"It was breezy so I wanted to get a jog in before it began to pour down. As I went through this trail in the woods someone came behind me and hit me in the back of the head with a rock.." Brens facial expression was troubling.
"I hit the ground. I flipped around and it was a guy with a bunny mask on.."

Bunny mask? How psycho of him..

"I remember my vision being blurry. He started kicking and beating the shit out of me. I had this big ass bruise on my leg that made me have a limp.. it hurt like hell!" Bren saw you staring intensely and he cleared his throat.
"But you know me being me I could've taken him if he hadn't hit me from behind" He smiled cockily.
"He just kept.. hitting me and kicking me until I threw up blood. He seemed to have it really out for me.. he didn't even spare my face!" He looked at you with puppy eyes and you laughed together.
Bren stopped and turned to you.
"I thought I was gonna die.. he took his mask off and it was your boyfriend! How could I forget that snobby asshole.."

You're the snob..

"He took his mask off and said, 'Next time I see you around her.. I'll slit your fucking throat' and so I stopped bothering you. My parents weren't even around to care and everyone stop hanging around me because I got my ass handed to me but it was attempted murder!"
You laughed.
"Geez Bren I didn't ask for your life story.."
He was taken back embarrassed.
"Well you should be grateful I'm telling you seedling! Do you know how many people would enjoy talking to me?"
"Not many.. and why the fuck do you keep calling me seedling?! You said that earlier!" You yelled and poked his chest.
"You are a seedling~"
"You're a seedling!"
"No you are!"
You sighed.
"So what? You had a life crisis or something?"
"What no! I'm still the fucking greatest thing.. just with no reassurance of that.." He laughed and you scooted closer to him.
"Um..?"
"I'm tired.." You laid your head on his chest and fell asleep.

...

It had been two months since Mire left.
You were numb to the feeling now.
Bren came over frequently and kept you company while you still ignored Ivan and Gina.

"Wanna get icecream?" Ty asked walking with you in the hall.
"No.."
"If I call you superstar will you get icecream with me?" he smiled.
"Maybe.." You narrowed your eyes.
"Okay superstar! Wanna get some icecream with me after school superstar?" Ty stuck his tongue out and you laughed.
"Okay.. okay.. but you have to call me superstar for the whole day and we'll go tomorrow!"
"It's a deal then superstar!" He nudged you and you laughed. You passed by Bren in the hallway and you both gave a look. You smiled to yourself.

Yes he was annoying and he was obviously a womanizer. But you felt he was the only one who could understand you right now. You enjoyed his company. Bren began driving you to and from school everyday.

When you got home that day you both decided to play Mario Kart.
Bren picked bowser and you picked yoshi.
"This game is fucking cheating!" He yelled.
"Or maybe you just suck.."
"I don't suck! You suck! I'm the best!" He took your controller and ran around with it while playing the game.
"Stop cheating!"
"I'm not cheating you seedling! You're just losing!"
"I said stop calling me that!"

Bren crossed the finish line first and finally gave the remote back after holding it above your head.
"Let's go another round!" He grinned and you stopped him.
"Can I show you something?"