35

17 Days After

I stand at the dining table, looking at the map one more time, sipping my coffee, and Clint is the first one to join me. 

"That couch is surprisingly comfortable." Clint mentions.

"Mine wasn't." Bucky adds, joining us, stretching his limbs. Eventually, Steve, and Yelena join us, then we see Sharon come in through the door. I furrow my brows, and she ignores me, pouring herself a cup of coffee. 

"Where have you been Cruella?" Yelena pokes at her, and Sharon pretends to smile at her joke. 

"On a run." Sharon sharply answers, and I look down at her outfit. It would seem true, but she had a purse. Who the hell runs with a purse? I decide not to say anything, it's too early to start an argument. 

I slip into my new suit, and catch Steve staring at me in the mirror. I smirk at him, slipping on my shoes. 

"The new suit looks... Wow." Steve compliments, sort of. I give him a little spin, and walk up to him, putting my hands on his chest. He's also in his suit. Blue always looks good on him. It brings out his eyes. 

Yelena and I distract the front desk, while Steve and Bucky sneak into the stairs, finding themselves hiding in a storage room. 

"In position." Sharon says over comms. Meaning she's found a spot on the roof of the building across the street, with a sniper. 

"In position." Steve adds, and that cues Yelena and I to ditch the front desk, and go up the elevator. While we wait to go up, we both strip out of the suits we were in, and revealing our suits. 

"Looks good." Yelena compliments, and I smirk. "I look better though." She adds, and I roll my eyes. When the elevator dings, we both pull out our batons, and walk out when the elevator doors open.

"Hi boys." I speak up, and men look our way, charging towards us, and we look at each other smirking, then charge back. I swat the batons at one man, kicking another guy's chest. Once they're down, there are more men running towards us, and I shoot the Widow's bite at them, shocking them to the ground. 

After a few minutes, Steve and Bucky show up, looking at the ground with all of the concussed and passed out men. 

"Looks like you ladies had fun." Bucky comments, and I get myself off of the ground, putting away my batons. 

"2nd door on your left." Clint directs on comms, and we follow his directions. Swinging open the doors, revealing Dubois and a few of his hitmen. They pull up their guns, and Steve and Bucky defend us with his shield, and Bucky's arm, fighting the men, and disarming them while I run to Dubois who's trying to make a run for it. 

"Dubois is on the move, I'm in pursuit!" I shout, informing the team. Dubois is ahead of me, running down the stairs, and I stop looking down the staircase, pulling out my gun to try to slow him down, but I don't have a good shot. 

I continue to run down the stairs, and Dubois steps onto the 3rd floor.

"Sharon, third floor. Do you have a visual?" I ask on comms. 

"Negative." She answers, and I groan. Kicking down office doors, and I hear a shuffle from across the hall. I slowly walk towards the door, opening it slowly, and seeing Dubois entrapped in the office. 

"No where to run Dubois." I comment, and he smirks at me. 

"Nina Petrova. The widow who almost took me down." He responds, and I smile at him. 

Dubois charges towards me, pinning me against the wall, and I knee him in the stomach, making him bend over and groan. There's a shot that goes through the window, shattering it, and the bullet lands right by my head. I look out the window, seeing Sharon on the roof, and I huff.