9

370 Days After

370 Days After

As I'm rushing to get my day started, I hear a few knocks on my door, and I run to peek through the peep hole, and roll my eyes. I crack the door open and see Bucky's signature smug look, and Sam has a smile plastered on his face. 

"You gonna let your friends in?" Sam asks, and I roll my eyes.

"Who said we were friends?" I tease, and I smile as Bucky rolls his eyes, and open the door wider for them to come in.

"You know I don't need these little check ins. I told you I was fine." I add, and I seat myself on the loveseat in my living room. 

"We can't just do a friendly drop by?" Sam asks, while him and Bucky seat themselves on the couch near me. 

"You could, but I know and you know, this probably just isn't a friendly, random visit." I argue, crossing my arms. I hate how they think I'm a child, and they need to protect me when I've been protecting myself my entire life. 

"So anything new?" Bucky asks, changing the subject and I roll my eyes. 

"Why are you asking like you already know an answer?" I interrogate Bucky, and he narrows his eyes at me, and I don't blink. Continuing to have a staring contest, and Sam groans.

"Seriously, again?" Sam chimes in, and he claps his hands in between us for the both of us to blink. "I hang out with children." He adds, and we all laugh.

"On a serious note, you're out of control. I get that you're going through it right now, but let us be there for you this time." Bucky comments, and I huff, and lean back on the couch.

"I know, and I appreciate that, but I'm a grown woman. You two have got to let me deal with this how I need to. I'll do whatever you want, just stop dropping by unannounced. What if I was naked?" 

"Well, I've seen you naked before." Bucky answers, and I widen my eyes at him, while Sam turns towards Bucky surprised at his comment. 

"Are you for real right now?" Sam asks Bucky, and I glare at Bucky for him to lie to Sam, but he rolls his eyes at me, looking back at Sam and shrugs his shoulders. 

"It was an accident." Bucky answered, and I smack my hand against my forehead. 

"You two? Y'all did the nasty?" Sam interrogates, pointing at the both of us and I shake my head. 

"No, God no. He walked in on me in the bathroom." I explain, and Sam releases a breath of relief. 

"You acting like you wouldn't have sex with me." Bucky comments, and I laugh, but Sam doesn't.

"Oh, now that's just gross." Sam complains, and I laugh. 

"So what do you two knuckle heads want so I can go out?" I ask, standing up so they get the idea that it's time for them to leave, and finally they do and get up after me.