29

10 Days After Part One

"Nina, you can't keep ignoring this!" I hear a scream. Unsure of who it is at first, until a face appears. Bucky. He looks livid, but with sad eyes. 

"I'm not ignoring anything!" I shout back, and he rolls his piercing blue eyes at me. 

"Bullshit! You're being such a brat! I'm the only one still trying with you, when you've shut everyone out." 

"Well maybe you should just leave!" I argue, throwing his hands up in the air. "Everyone does it anyways." I mumble.

"Yeah, maybe I should." Bucky whispers back, storming out of my room. 

I wake up to my body shaking, not from me, but from Steve beside me. 

"Baby, wake up." I hear, and I blink again, with a shirtless Steve holding me, and I pull away from his touch. 

"Sorry, you were having a nightmare." Steve apologizes for touching me, and I nod.

"It's okay. Thank you." I reassure him, and I stand, recollecting myself on the way to the kitchen to grab a water. I hear footsteps behind me, and gulp down a water. 

"Can I ask you something?" I speak up.

"Never figured you be one to ask permission." Steve teases me, and I smirk at him. 

"Do you know why we don't live at the compound?" I intrude, and he purses his lips. 

"I needed a break from it all. Moved to the city, and just haven't gone back yet. And as for you, I don't know for sure. Just heard it had to do something with Nat passing, I don't blame you." Steve explains, and I nod. Was it that bad for me? Did I treat everyone badly as I'm dreaming or remembering? 

"But, we talked about moving back and joining the team for missions." He adds, and I furrow my brows. 

"We did?" I repeat, and he tucks a piece of my hair behind my ear. 

"You still up for it?" He asks, and I smile. 

"I couldn't think of anything better to do." I answer, and he smiles back. 

"So, what does a normal day look like for me? For us?" I change the subject. 

"Usually, working out, coffee at Greta's, lunch, dinner, sometimes the bar." He answers, and I smirk at him, but he's confused as to why. 

"Did working out include me naked by chance?" I tease, and he chuckles. 

"Come on soldier, don't be so conservative." I add, and he takes a step towards me, hovering me, that makes me hold my breath. 

"And what if you were naked?" I swallow. 

"Then, I would say you are more charming that I thought if you got me distracted enough from my training." 

"Is that a compliment little spider?" He asks me, and I smile. 

"You are charming, a gentleman, and not to mention easy on the eyes." I add on, and his hand reaches my cheek, holding my jawline, and I feel myself lean into his touch, yearning for more. I close my eyes, taking in every moment of this, and when I open my eyes, his mouth is centimeters away from mine. 

I close my eyes again, feeling his soft lips brush against mine. A gentle, yet longing kiss that I feel he needs, maybe that I need. I pull away first, smiling against his own, our foreheads resting against each others sweetly. 

"Let's go get a real workout in." I suggest, and he chuckles, taking. step back from me. I go back into my room, changing into a pair of leggings and a sports bra, and Steve throws me a jacket to slip on over. 

It's greatly oversized, assuming as his jacket, and I smile down at it. 

"Ready?" Steve asks, and I look up quickly, racing him to the car. I beat him to the driver's seat, waiting for him to speak for directions, and shortly enough, we arrive at a private boxing gym. 

When we walk in, for what seems to be the owner walks towards us to the door. 

"Lock up on your way out kids." He tells us, and Steve pats his shoulder on his way out. I set my bag down, taking the wrap out, and circling it over my hands, and beginning to stretch. I bend down to stretch, looking between my legs and spot Steve looking at my ass. 

"Don't start something you can't finish Cap." I say aloud, and Steve quickly looks away embarrassingly. I chuckle, and stand up right again. 

"Don't start something you can't finish." He adds, and I smirk at him, taking a step towards him as the valet gets our cars.

"Oh, I intend to finish. See you back at your place." I whisper in his ear, and walk back to my car. 

I blink quickly, putting my headphones in, and walk towards a punching bag, getting a few warm up hits in, before I start doing combos. Hitting it harder, faster, letting my anger out of not remembering, not being able to know who I really am now. 

Trying to think back to when I was upset or mad or even happy after Nat died, and I couldn't think of one thing. 

"Hell of a first date, you sure you haven't dated since the 40's?" I joke, and he smiles, pulling me closer to him.

"No one worth it." Steve answers.

"Steve Rogers are you falling in love with me?" I tease, and I feel his chest vibrate from his laughter.

I throw one last punch, and hold myself up by hugging the punching bag, catching my breath. I see Steve in the corner of my eye, as I swing a little, and take out my headphones from my ears. 

"Nina, are you okay?" He asks me putting his hand on my back, and I shove him off. 

"I'm fine!" I answer sharply, keeping my hand up to keep our distance, but he takes a step back towards me anyways. 

"Are you sure?" 

"Steve, I'm fine. Back the hell off." I spit, walking back towards the bench, I feel light headed now. 

"Kiss me spider." Steve whispers. 

This isn't happening right now. Right here. In front of Steve. 

"You need to put yourself out there." Nat advises me. 

"Gotta start somewhere kid." Clint says. 

"You deserve to be happy Nina." Laura sweetly comments. 

"Nina?" Steve's voice echos, right before I hear ringing in my ears. My vision goes in and out, along with my breathing getting really rapid. 

I try to reach out in front of me, then my vision goes black.