27

8 Days After

I finished making my bed when I hear a knock on my door, and I turn around seeing Clint scowling at me. 

"Sling on." He barks, and I roll my eyes. Putting the sling back on over my shoulder, and sitting on the edge of the bed, waving him to come in. 

"You sure you want to go back to the city?" He asks, and I nod. 

"Yeah, like Bruce said. I should go back to my normal routine." I answer, and I can see that he's still worried about me. 

"I'm just one phone call away. You can come stay with me and Laura whenever you want." Clint offers, and I smile. 

"Thanks. I'm sure everyone will be talking to each other, checking on me like I'm a little girl." I joke, and he chuckles. 

"We just care about you kid." He adds, and I smile. We both stand, and walk out to the living area where everyone is waiting for me like an unnecessary, little going away party. 

"Nina, don't forget to be back tomorrow for more scans, and to get cleared." Bruce reminds me, and I roll my eyes. 

"And training." Yelena adds, and I smirk at her. 

"Hey, no one said anything about training. You're not even cleared yet." Clint comments, and I pretend to not listen to him.

"I'll get cleared tomorrow, and I want to get back on track. Back to my life." I insist, and Clint sighs. 

"There's no getting through to these two." Clint adds, referring to Yelena and I, and we high five each other, just to annoy Clint which works. 

While everyone talks to Steve about taking care of me, I roll my eyes, and then Bucky pulls me aside. 

"Try not to piss him off too much, he's trying really hard to be patient. He loves you." Bucky advises me, and I feel my heart drop. He loves me? From what everyone was saying, I know now that we're together, but I didn't know that he's in love with me. 

"Um, yeah. I'll try." I respond, and he smiles, kissing the top of my head, and I push him off of me. 

"Ready boyfriend?" I ask Steve sarcastically, and he nervously chuckles. He nods at me, and leads me to the elevator with his hand on the small of my back, waving to everyone as the doors close. 

"This won't be awkward." I whisper, and I see Steve smirk in the corner of my eye. The car ride is quiet, I enjoy the view of the city, trying to see if I can remember the way back to my apartment, but I don't. I clench my jaw, feeling so frustrated, but shake my feelings when Steve parks. 

"This way." Steve announces, and I follow him in the opposite direction than I was walking. Not knowing all of your memories, is pretty embarrassing for some reason. 

Steve showers after I do, and I wait in my bed, flipping through the book on my nightstand, seeing where I've marked a page of where I was, but don't recognize the story at all. When Steve steps out, he's got a towel wrapped around his waist, and drops it. Luckily only exposing himself in a pair of boxers, I was a little nervous that Steve has gotten so comfortable to be naked around me. Which, wouldn't be that bad. He's still as hot as I remember, maybe even more with his stubble growing out. 

"Sorry, habit." Steve embarrassingly speaks up, and I close my mouth, looking back up at his eyes. 

"Definitely not complaining." I tease, and he smiles. 

"You're flirtier, and I didn't think that was possible." Steve comments, and I shrug my shoulders. 

"I'll take the couch." He adds, and I clear my throat. 

"Did we not sleep together? Like, in the same bed I mean." I stop him, and he turns, throwing a pair of pajama pants on. 

"We did, I just don't want to make you uncomfortable." What a gentleman. 

"Hey, if that's our routine. Doctor's orders." I flirt, and he chuckles again, his laughter echoing the room. "Captain America in my bed, who would have thought?" I add. I watch as he slips in next to me, putting his hands behind his head to hold himself up. 

"No one actually." Steve answers my rhetorical question, and I smirk at him. 

"I had a crush on you." He adds, and I turn myself to face him in shock. 

"You're kidding." I comment, and he smiles. 

"No, I remember the first time seeing you. Visiting Nat, your hair was much darker than it is now, and you had the most beautiful smile. It wasn't until you came to the party, was when I realized I had a crush on you. Talking to you felt invigorating. You were so flirty, and blunt. It was refreshing." Steve explains, his eyes gazing into mine.

"Steve Rogers, are you trying to flirt your way into sleeping with me?" I tease, and his cheeks turn bright red, and he looks away from me. It's cute when he's nervous. 

"No, I didn't mean it like-"

"Cap, relax. I'm kidding." I reassure, and he laughs. "Goodnight." I add, and he smiles at me, and I turn my body away from his to try and fall asleep.