Happy Birthday to You

Mirabel POV

"They're beautiful. " I said. She just nodded slightly in agreement. "You don't have to marry him if you don't want to. " I said. She looked at me, shocked. "I don't know what you mean..." She looked away.

"Your face looked sad when we first met. " I said. We both sat down on her bed, side by side. "I was stressed, that's why," she explained. "Your face looked disgusted when he kissed you. " I told her. "Because I-" I cut her off. "Purple Hyacinth. " I said. Her room had decorations with them, on the floor, someplace around the crib, and decorations for the door.

"Purple Hyacinth means sorrow and regret. " I continued. "How do you know that?" she asked me. "I had a sister who taught me the meanings of flowers. " I explained holding her hand. "But what am I supposed to do!" Isabela exclaimed, bursting into tears.

She pulled her hand away from mine to cover her face. "What's forcing you?" I asked. I already know why though. "Abuela, she believes that it's best and she thinks I'm happy with it when I'm not. " Isabela explained. She removed her hands from her face to her stomach.

"I'm scared that I'm not able to make my family proud so I just do it since they're happy with it I feel like I should be happy as well. " Isabela moved away but I moved closer and hugged her. "Mary-" "Look, I think that you should live how you want your life to be," I said. "Nothing will stop you. " I whispered.

We stopped hugging and we smiled but then her smile faded. "But, what if they'll be disappointed or they'll stop loving me?" she asked, sniffling. "Well if that does happen, I'm pretty sure that there will be one family member that would be rooting for you. " I said. "Thanks, Mary," she said.

'Anything for my sister' "Your family is pretty big! Who are your siblings?" I asked her. "I have two sisters," she said. I'm glad she didn't forget about me. "So Luisa and Dolores are your sisters?" I asked, pretending to have no clue. "No, Luisa is my sister." Isabela said. "My other younger sister, she disappeared. Most likely dead but hopefully not," she explained.

"Sorry, that happened. " I apologized. "You wanna do something fun with me?" she asked. "Sure!" I exclaimed. We both stood up as she picked up the babies and left. We went inside Dolores's room and wow, it was so calming in there. "We were just about to start. " Dolores said.

There was this small cake that had butterflies on it and presents were surrounding it. "Who's this for?" I asked. "It's my missing sister's birthday today. " Isabela said. I gasped.

I can't believe that they're doing this for me. "Sorry I didn't bring a gift. " 'to my birthday "It's fine, you didn't know anyways. " Camilo said. We lit up candles and started singing happy birthday.

"So, how old should she be?" I asked. "Um, if I'm 20 then she should be 20 as well!" Camilo said. "You guys are the same age?" I asked. They think I'm not me. "Yeah, I'm older by a few months so she's my little prima!" Camilo bragged. I chuckled.

It seems like they all missed me. "Sorry about grabbing that toy earlier by the way. " Camilo apologized with his hand on his neck. "I'm not usually like that. " Camilo continued. "The toy just looked very familiar. " Dolores said. "What is it?" Antonio asked.

I hesitated before removing my bag and showing the stuffed toy. "That looks just like mine! " Antonio said with excitement. "Really?" I nervously said. "Yeah, except it's missing.." Antonio said. "Must be a coincidence!" I said chuckling while putting the jaguar back in my bag.

"What was the missing girl's name?" I asked. "I think it was Mariah or uhm. " Dolores hesitated. "Mirabel!" Camilo shouted pointing at my pouch. "Sh! You're going to wake the baby. " Isabela said. "Sorry, her name is Mirabel. " Camilo said. "Can I see a picture?" I asked.