Dinner

Mirabel's POV

It was nearly night so I went back to the Casita. "Hola Casita.." I whispered as it flapped its tiles. I chuckled. "Just in time!" Camilo was in front of the door then he pulled me in. We walked to the dinner table, then.

There she was, Abuela.

"You can sit here. " Camilo pulled out a chair that was beside Isabela and Dolores. "Thank you. " I said sitting down as he pushed it near the table then sat down in his chair. "So, who is this guest?" Abuela asked, nicely. "I'm Mary. " I replied.

"It is a pleasure to have you, Mary. " Abuela smiled softly at me. I swear I could cry right now. I looked away and we all started to eat. There was some talking, of course leaving me out. Until Mama cleared her throat . "How do you like it so far, Mary?" Mama asked. "It's good. " I said. "I never saw you around here, where did you come from?" Camilo questioned me. "I was exploring! I saw the mountains so I wanted to see the other side. " I chuckled. "Cool!" Another boy said.

'Antonio...' I smiled softly at him and almost started crying as I felt a tear go down my cheek. I quickly started drinking water, wiping the tear. Isabela looked at me with a bit of confusion and worry.

"Are you ok?" Dolores asked. "I-I'm fine. " I stuttered, putting the cup down. "I'm Dolores by the way. " She said. Of course, I knew.

Then everyone started to introduce themselves. "Nice to meet all of you. " I said after.

I turned to Isabela. "So, you're a mom?" I asked. "Yes I am, I have twins. Both girls." She explained. "Congrats!" I exclaimed. It felt so wrong to say that especially when she never wanted to marry Mariano. "Nice to know you married Mariano. " I said.

Shoot

"How do you know his name?" Isabela asked me

"I was exploring the town!" I said. "I didn't hear you. " Dolores said.

You're making this complicated for to me explain

"Maybe because there were so many people, you couldn't hear me!" I explained. I realized I was raising my voice.
"S-sorry. " I apologized. She looked at Abuela then looked at me. "No, it's fine. " She said. "I- Uh. Can I see your children after?" I asked Isabela. "Of course! After we eat. " Isabela said.

Then it hit me.

HOLY MOLY I'M A TÍA

I was so happy but something lost my thoughts

"The jug is empty, Luisa can you refill it?" Abuela asked. Luisa nodded. "I'll do it!" I said taking the empty jug. "You are guest, you don't need to. " Abuela said. "It's alright if I do it. " Luisa insisted. For goodness sake, she can't take a break!

I looked at Luisa's hair and it had gray streaks. "I want to. " I said walking away. "Luisa can do it just fine. " Abuela stood up. "Maybe she should take a break. " I replied before heading into the kitchen.

Jeez, I guess she didn't learn.

By the way, I feel that Abuela would be more strict since she doesn't want to risk losing another family member like how she once lost Pedro then she left Mirabel so she won't want that again.

In the kitchen, Casita helped me put water in the jug and after that, I went back to the dinner table. It was silent when we were sitting down. "Uhm, what's the date?" I asked, breaking the silence. "It's June 17. " Abuela replied.

Then Dolores stood up. "I'm full, may I be excused?" she asked as Abuela nodded. "Can I be excused as well?" Antonio asked. "Of course. " Abuela replied. Then Camilo quickly finished his food then left the table. After everyone left, Isabela showed me my sobrinas that were in her room.

I'm guessing that all of you are waiting for the moment she says she's Mirabel, right?

No? Jeez

Ok fine

Word Count: 684