Chapter Seven

Peter awakened to the morning sunlight streaming through the windows at the side of his bed room. The muffled sounds of birds chirping and wind rustling through the grass and trees crept in through the walls to reach him. As he awakened more he got the sense that he was being watched, though he felt no tingle of a threat or need to worry.

Fighting the covers off of his head and sitting up Peter peered down toward the foot of the bed to see two maids, most likely the ones that Emilia had mentioned the previous night, standing just past the foot of his bed. One had powder blue hair and the other pink hair, both styled into a neat, rounded medium length hairdo. Their bangs had a part in them, the blue haired maid's right eye was covered and the pink haired maid's left. Other than their hair and eye color and a slight difference in body type the two were mirror images of each other.

Which made how they were pressed together with their cheeks touching and their free-eye peering at him all the more troubling. A moment after he sat up, they moved with a start, skittering back in unison with their faces pressed close and hands flat against one another like they were leaning against a mirror.

"Rem-Rem, it seems our lazy guest has woken up," the pink haired maid said.

"Sister, sister, our esteemed guest is in dire need of some clothing." They spoke with the same timbre, though their voices had a slight variation.

Peter wadded the sheets up, using them to cover himself. Were man-nipples taboo here? "Oh, uh, sorry. You didn't see anything!" Peter shouted.

"Dear sister, did you hear that?" The blue haired maid said in a level tone.

"Yes, Rem, the pervert denies his wrongdoings."

Cradling his head in his hands, Peter tried to shake off the sleep and embarrassment. "How about we just start over?" He pulled the covers down so that only his head and neck were out of them this time. "My name is Peter Parker."

"Rem," the pink haired one said pointing to other.

"And Ram," the blue haired one, Rem, said pointing to Ram.

They were dressed in something that was an approximation of a maid's outfit with the black dress and white apron over it. The dress was somewhat elegant with frilly lace here and there and a small bonnet like head covering that separated the rest of their hair. Peter was kind of weirded out by how many things in this world seemed so similar. Like these women were not just wearing dresses, but dresses that denoted a job in the exact same representation as back on Earth.

"Great, I guess that I forgot to lock the door so it might be my fault for that," Peter glanced to the chair where he had left his clothes. "Where'd my clothes go."

Rem turned to Ram and then back to Peter. "They were filthy. I've taken them to wash."

Ram looked at her sister and then to Peter. "They were hideous. I begged her to burn them but she did not comply."

"Okay..." Peter said.

There was a knock at the door, which was still open. A slender wrist and pale hand reached in to tap against the frame before stepping into view and announcing herself. "Good morning," Emilia said. "It seems you do everything with a bit of enthusiasm."

Rem and Ram looked to Emilia and gave her a bow.

Emilia was wearing a pink dress with sleeves that opened around the shoulder and a collar that only seemed to be attached to the very tops of her dress straps at most. The green jewel that Peter had seen Puck go into the previous night was around her neck still and she still wore the flower given to her by little Plum.