A Family Affair

"And here we go!"

Billy turned to the west and smiled into orange tinted sky after putting his bag in the trunk.  The sun was going down and he was ready to drive to Ohio.  He had the room booked so when he got there he would check in and rest.  He would wake up with a reinvigorated sense of confidence and purpose.  He was going to get his girl.

B:  I will see you in 8 hours my love.

The night sky shimmered in Billy's eyes as he started to drive toward the Bay Bridge, his first obstacle on the way to Ohio.  The last obstacle would be Kim's family.  He would have plenty of time to rehearse what he would say to them.  He had to win them over.  Kim was so important to him that he just had to succeed.  He would do anything for her.  He would fight for her.

Right before he got to the bridge, he needed to make a pit stop.  He saw the familiar yellow light on his phone that showed that he had gotten a message and sure enough, it was from Kim.  Unfortunately, it wasn't a good message.

K:  DO NOT COME!  You are NOT welcome at my house.  My mom made that very clear!  If you come, they WILL shoot you!  My uncle is the chief of police and he will arrest you.  And my aunt will make sure you go to jail.  It isn't worth it.  You will find someone better than me.  Someone your own age.  Someone closer to you.  We weren't going to work anyway.  You're too old.  Too far away and too hard on yourself to be the type of man that I need anyway.  Do us both a favor and forget about me.  

Billy crumbled in a heap by his car.  In his mind, Kim made it clear that she didn't want him.  And he couldn't help but look up into the blank eyes of his worst demon.

"Hey there.  You might wanna pick up that phone, boyo.  Because didn't I call it?  Your queen of hearts is nothing compared to that of me.  

Love conquers all, my ass.  It is just a line that makes poor fools run off and die for no reason.  Yep, you dodged a bullet with her anyway.  Well, literally in this case but could you imagine if you had gotten there?  The scene you would cause?  It could very well be the biggest happening to happen in Ohio since like… the Buckeyes winning the National Championship."

Billy picked up a nearby beer bottle and threw it in the direction that Ricky was walking to.  Before it got there, Ricky had already faded leaving nothing behind but a sickening echo from his cackling laughter.  Billy sat and wept by his car knowing that him and Kim were through.  

<Kim's POV>

The sun rose on a busy weekend for Kim.  Even if Billy wasn't coming, she still had 5 parties to go to.  She wouldn't have had much time for Billy anyway, that is, unless Billy went along with her.  And with how everyone has taken the news of Billy being a liar about his age, it was simply for the best that he did not show up in Ohio for the next couple hundred years or so.

First, was her best friend Emma.  She would finally meet Emma's fiancé, Dallas.  She had heard great things about him, but after Billy, everyone just seemed to good to be true.  The party was fun.  That was until Dallas picked her up and threw her into the pool.  But she couldn't stay mad at him.  He was fun and knew what she needed almost before she knew them it seemed.  Definitely odd for someone she had just met.  

She was thinking about everything while she was drying off when a cup appeared in front of her face.  

"A girl with a frown like that could definitely use a drink."

"No, thank you.  I am not thirsty."

When she looked up, her eyes rose to the deepest green eyes that she had ever seen.  They were almost like emeralds.  This guy wasn't from around Utica High.