One Thing After Another

<Kimberly>

"Yessssss, Billy!"

Billy's name seemed to echo for what felt like an hour in Kimberly's head.  Why did that have to come out of her mouth?  Why now?  Billy was just a friend, maybe not even that.  It was too late now.  She looked down at the foot of her bed and saw Lance, putting his shirt back on with a disgusted look on his face.

"Who the fu*k is Billy, Kim?  Maybe he should come over.  I'm outta here."  Lance headed out to door to Kim's bedroom.  Kim jumped out of bed and ran to the living room positioning herself between the door and Lance.

"Please stay.  He's just a guy that I talk to online.  He's like a brother to me.  That's all."  She fell to her knees.  "Don't go.  I love you Lance."

Without a word, Lance moved around Kim and headed out the door leaving his girlfriend sobbing on the floor.  As he backed out of the driveway, he scrolled through his list of contacts and proceeded to make a phone call thinking two can play this game.

<William>

William was sitting in the office at work finishing up his day.  They seemed like a breeze lately.  No complaints or bad customers seemed to happen on his shifts.  If only times like these could last forever.  

As he finished counting down the safe, his eyes met the piercing gaze of Melissa Howard, one of his coworkers.  William had always had a great relationship with Melissa.  She was practically his best friend, which had also lead to a couple of talking tos about how his production slipped whenever they worked together.  Safe to say, William had a crush on this one and everyone knew it.  Well, except for William and Melissa of course.  

"What is taking you so long back here, Willard?  We all wanna go home.  Stop being such a slowpoke."  Melissa's voice was a perfect blend of sarcasm and flirty, with a light splash of bubbly.

"Willard?  Really?  Way to make me sound old and gray, Missy.  I just finished anyway.  Not like you could bear to wait while I counted the safe."  He shook his head knowing she always said his name wrong on purpose.  He had been Wilson, Wilco, Willie, and Wilber, among many other things that she could "Will" herself to calling him.

Little did Will know, but Melissa was being set up to be a blind date for him by his best friend Jeff and Colby's wife Janet.

<Kimberly>

The next day at school was not fun for Kimberly.  When she walked up to Lance, he gave her the cold shoulder.  What else should she expect after a night like last.  She had screamed out another guys name, something that can be seen as unforgivable.  

She felt like the day could not be worse for her.  She failed her English test and she got her wonderful monthly visit from her least favorite aunt in the middle of class.  Luckily, she was able to use a hoodie to wrap around her covering up until she could get things changed.  At lunch, she was getting her food when a fight broke out, right in front of her, causing her tray of spaghetti to get pushed into her chest covering her in whatever the school cafeteria had called spaghetti sauce.  She just wanted to get home and crawl into a ball and die.  Nothing was going right and she wanted it all to end.  

As she got into the chat room, she checked for Billy after erasing the messages from the sick and deranged.  As she was giving up on seeing him tonight she got one last message notification.  It was Billy.

<Online>

Hey Kayleigh!  I hope you have had a good day.

Actually it wasn't but it is what it is.