A Planted Seed

<Kimberly>

As soon as she heard the pebble hit, she knew Lance was there.  She knew she had to end this conversation quick, knowing Lance's jealous streak.  Lance once gave his best friend the beating of his life just for saying Hello to her.  How would he react to this almost stranger from the internet occupying her time?  It wasn't like he could tell her to stop talking to him.  He knows that if he did in fact tell her to stop, that she and him would be through.  No one tells Kimberly Thatcher what to do, other than her parents of course.  So after telling William goodbye after the sixth pebble that pinged off her window pane, she opened the window and let Lance in.  Almost immediately she threw her arms around him and gave him an amazing kiss.  Then again, Lance did say she was the best kisser ever.  She loved the warmth that he gave off.  After Lance made it up to her a couple times over, Kimberly looked up and smiled at the man she loved.  She felt like the luckiest girl in the world to have a guy like Lance.  As she closed her eyes, right before she drifted to sleep in Lance's arms, she thought for a brief moment about the boy she met in the chat room.  She had to ask if he was related since she had a cousin named Chris Butler.

<William>

As he turned away from the computer screen, William couldn't help but feel disappointed that Kayleigh had to leave.  He felt as though he could have been able to talk to her forever and not get bored. 

Her leaving only left a nagging feeling in his core.  He wanted more of her.  He had to have more talks with her.  He even ignored a couple of his "regulars" during the conversation with Kimberly.  As much as it probably would have felt good in the moment to talk with those girls, talking to Kimberly just felt… right.  Maybe it was the way she actually seemed like she was interested more in him than what was in his pants, his wallet.  

After a welcome weekend off, it was back to the same boring life.  Work was the same old recipe.  Take a slightly normal day then add a pinch of mayhem.  Then, you add a dash of crazy and 2 cups of oh my God why am I here.  That is how work would go for William.  Luckily he was used to it and with his mind on a new friend, and what he would ask next time they met, he was able to flourish at work and not let things go over his head.

His nights would be spent in the room.  The time he spent looking for someone to fill the void he felt started to shrink as he looked for her.  Whenever they interacted it would feel like time slowed down and sped up all at the same time, making hours go like minutes but feel like seconds.  The more that they talked, the more he wanted to talk to her.  

(A month later)

<Kimberly>

"How did things get this way?"

She asked this to herself as she started at the blank screen on the computer.  Tomorrow was the due date for an important essay if she wished to graduate this spring.  Of course, graduating was the furthest thing on her mind thanks to a wonderful argument that she JUST had with Lance.  She loved Lance with all of her heart but man, did she ever hate wrestling season.  She hated how he had to starve himself to make weight.  She hated the crazy things he had to do, especially the one time he came to her house wearing what felt like twenty sweatshirts.  He could barely move.  But that was just how he got during wrestling season.  These were just some of the things you apparently have to do when tou want to be a state champion wrestler.  

While he was well on HIS way to getting a college scholarship, Kimberly was losing hers.  Lately, her grades took a nosedive.  It just felt like she knew the subject matter until the moment a test touched her desk.  Nothing made sense right now for her, especially this paper she had to write.  Eventually she just got fed up with it and went to what has now become her favorite place… the chat room. 

After clearing the obvious messages that she would get that routinely made her question humanity, she would scroll through the guest list to see if Billy was on.  For some strange reason, the days she talked with him felt better.  Maybe it was the way he listened as she would vent her frustrations, only interrupting with a welcome piece of advice, or maybe it was how he could say just the right thing to make her laugh.  He always had some sort of flirty comment or even a dumb new pun that just made her smile and laugh for no reason.  Sometimes she had to remind him that she had a boyfriend, or was that to remind herself?  At this point, it did not matter.  Lance was being a jerk and Billy was her savior from the mundane.

<Computer World>

As William logged in tonight, he was thinking only of Kayleigh.  Work had been particularly rough this week as he was gearing up to be promoted and moving to a new store.  His stomach was full of butterflies and he needed to feel better.  Over the past month, he had felt like he was growing closer to his online friend.  He felt as though he was getting too close to his danger zone and he did not care as long as it was for her.  He had stopped talking to most everyone else, save for one or two of his regulars, as nights with her felt the absolute best.

He didn't even go to the guest list anymore, as they had become friends on the site, and simply clicked on her name.  He enjoyed listening to her discuss her problems as well as her dreams.  She made him feel important and that was all that mattered to him.  She did not make fun of him for his bad jokes and dad-like sense of humor.  Often times she even encouraged it by throwing a pun or two of her own to keep the chain going.  Tonight was going to be a short chat since he already felt like passing out but he wanted to talk as long as he could.  

:PING:

A request came up on his notification bar from someone who was being aggressively playful.  In the past he would play along, getting whatever he could from it, and watch as the person would leave without another word.  Lately however,  he would politely decline and send them on their way.  Blame it on his lack of sleep, or his male brain taking over at the worst time, but tonight he decided to play along.  He did his best to get to know this play partner before things headed toward the obvious route but it seemed like life had other plans tonight.  

Without realizing he had clicked the x on the upper right hand corner of the private chat window, he made his move to answer if there was something that Billy wanted her to do for him.  And as he fell asleep, he clicked send to a message that he never intended to ever ask Kayleigh.

"Can you suck me beautiful?"