Chapter 10 - The Hunt (Part 2)

Hey Guys! I'm so sorry that it has taken me so long to update. My life has been super crazy. Between school and other problems going on in my life I haven't had much time to even think about Wattpad. I'm going to try my best to be better about updating but it probably won't be regular until summer.

We continued walking until we saw a Payless shoe store. "How are we going to get a shoebox without actually buying any shoes?" I asked both Louis and Eleanor.

"How would I know? You're the one that managed to get the toy." Louis replied.

"You're right. I did get the toy." I said with a smirk.

"Exactly, so go do your thing again." Louis urged, but I had a better idea.

"Not exactly what I was thinking. Since I got the toy, it's your turn now. Have fun!" I told him, while giving him a playful shove towards the register.

"It's just a shoebox. This will be easy for the mighty Boobear!" And with that, he confidently walked up to the person behind the register. It was in that moment that I realized Eleanor hadn't been saying much today, or at least not to me. I turned my head to look at her, but instantly turned back to watch Lou and the register because she was giving me a nasty glare. Yikes! What did I do this time?

I didn't have time to think it over very much before noticing that Louis wasn't having very much luck with his "easy" mission. From little bits I could hear of their conversation, it seemed like the worker was just saying "no" to everything Louis said. After much pestering, a deflated Louis finally walked back. "Wow. That really was easy. What did you tell him?"

"I thought I would be simple, and skip to the point so I just asked him if he would give it to me. When he said "no," I had to get clever and come up with something, but he already seemed to have his mind made up."

"Oh Lou. Really? You just asked?" I paused to chuckle before continuing, "Well we still need one, so follow me."

I lead them to a back corner that the person working her couldn't see. I quickly removed a pair of shoes from its box, and slipped the box into our bag. Luckily our bag was big enough that you couldn't tell what was in it. "And you blamed me of stealing." Louis muttered from next to me.

"Hey! This is not stealing. I'm just taking the box, not the actual shoes."

"Whatever helps you sleep at night Ari." Louis told me while we stared at each other in some sort of stare down. We kept the eye contact, afraid we would loose if we broke it based off of the nonexistent rules. It went on like this, until a not so happy looking Eleanor interrupted us. She continued giving me a death glare, as she showed us the clearance sticker she had found. We put it in with the shoebox before we decided it would be best to leave the store. The more time we spent in the store, the more time there was for the worker to realize we were trying to smuggle out not only a cardboard box, but also a sticker. We're so bad!

On the way to the clothing store, our next stop, I realized we still need a stranger's signature. I spotted an unsuspecting businessman a few yards away. While I approached the person, I prepared myself by getting into character. "OMG! Is it really you!" I squealed.

"Uh...That depends, who do you think I am?" He replied, looking slightly scared.

"I am such a big fan of yours!!!!"

"Uhhh...." By this point he looked like he was going to try to run away from me.

"Can I pleeaase have your signature!"