Chapter 3 - Age 13

I’m sorry it took so long for me to update.  I was away at camp for the last month, and didn’t have much free time.  I hope you enjoy this chapter.  I wrote it on the plane while half asleep, so I apologize for any mistakes.  Thank you for taking the time to read my story, it means a lot to me.  Please COMMENT AND VOTE.

I’m now thirteen and just graduated from middle school.  The summer has been pretty uneventful except for hanging out with Louis practically everyday.  Louis has been telling me to record a demo to send in to a record label for the last 3 years.  I asked him why he didn’t want to record one for himself, but he simply said he would rather audition for X-factor one day.

         I knew the chances of them even listening to the demo was really unlikely, but Louis had finally convinced me to do it (after much pestering).  Today he was coming over to help me record it.  My mom has a job in the music business, so we have a small recording studio in our house.  You may think that my mom having a job in the music business would help my chances of being recognized, but you’re wrong.  All it does is pay the bills, and get us this studio.

*Knock Knock*

         I ran to the door, knowing it was Louis.  As soon as I opened the door, I almost fell over from the impact of Louis running up for a hug.  He did this everyday.  I’ve never met someone who likes hugs as much as he does.

         We walked into the studio, and I was in awe.  I had never actually gone into the recording studio, and now I was amazed by what I saw.  On this side of the glass there was three chairs in front of the soundboard.  On the soundboard there were a lot of buttons, none of which I knew how to use.  That’s where Louis came in.  He recently became very interested in the production behind music.  Although he was still quite the amateur, he still knew more than I did, and it’s too expensive to pay for a professional for something that will probably never be heard.

         I walked through the door to the sound booth, and took in my surroundings.  I found the microphone with the headphones resting on it.  Meanwhile, Louis was sitting on the other side, trying to figure out how everything works.  I’m sure he’ll find a way to break something by the time we’re done recording.

         I sat down in a beanbag chair, and started going over the song in my head.  It took a really long time to pick the song out.  Louis and I had discussed it for at least two hours before we came to a decision.  Eventually we decided on Anything But Ordinary by Avril Lavigne.  Finally, Louis figured out how to at least start and stop recording.  “Are you ready for this life changing moment?”

         “Ready as I’ll ever be, though I doubt it’ll be very life changing.” I replied.

         “You never know.” He countered, and with that he pressed the record button, and I began to sing.

Sometimes I get so weird

I even freak myself out

I laugh myself to sleep

It's my lullaby

Sometimes I drive so fast

Just to feel the danger

I wanna scream

It makes me feel alive

Is it enough to love?

Is it enough to breathe?