Chapter 4 - Record Deal

I think this chapter is a bit longer. Hope you like it. Please tell me what you think in the comment section!

After a moment's hesitation, I ripped open the envelope. I kept thinking, It couldn't be. It couldn't be. But it was. The letter was from Syco Music.

Dear Ariana Styles,

Thank you for the demo you sent in. We are so sorry it took so long for us to respond, we have been very busy of late. We are so glad you decided to send it in. The whole board at Syco has listened to your demo. We have come to the decision that you are very talented, and we would love to work with you. All of our contact info is included in the envelope. Please respond ASAP with regards to our offer. We hope to hear from you in the near future.

Simon Cowell

Head of Syco Music

I couldn't believe my eyes. They liked it? No. That's not possible. Or is it? I was so confused. I had spent so much time doubting myself, and telling myself it wasn't possible that I couldn't believe it. This must have been a joke. I bet it was just some prank Louis decided to play on me. I looked over at him, finally snapping back to reality. "Did you do this? Do you think this is funny?" I asked him.

"What are you talking about? What's that letter say? Who's it from?" He asked, looking confused.

"Nice try. Don't act like you don't know. This all apart of some prank to see how I will react." I snapped. All he did was snatch the letter from my hands, and looked over it quickly.

"I didn't do this. I wouldn't do something that mean. This is legit. You have to accept. I told you it would be life changing." He was grinning from ear to ear, and soon I was too. It was real!

I called as soon as I showed my mom the letter. When I called, they confirmed that it was indeed real. We scheduled a meeting for a week later, and now here I was, in the waiting room at Syco Entertinment. I was so nervous, but thankfully Louis was here with me for support.

"You have nothing to worry about. They wouldn't have said and done what they did if they didn't like you." He kept telling me encouragements, but it was no use, I was soooo nervous.

"Ariana Styles, they're ready to see you." A woman in a tight navy blue skirt, a white blouse, and het hair pulled back into a French twist. I stood up practically shaking. I could feel Louis stand up behind me, along with my parents, and together we walked to the large, wooden double doors that led to the meeting room. This was it.

As I walked in, I saw about ten smiling faces all staring at me. I was almost creepy how much they were smiling. It felt like something from Coralline, where they seem super nice before they turn totally creepy. But I like my eyes!

"Welcome. There's no need to be nervous. You are a very talented young lady, especially for your age. We would love to work with you. We can help you to become one of the biggest recording artists in the world." The man at the end of the table said to me, his nametag reading Simon Cowell. "Please sit. We just need to go over a few details."

Cautiously, I walked forward and took a seat at the large rectangular table. My parents and Louis did the same. It took about an hour for me to feel comfortable here. It still all seemed so unreal. What if I disappoint them? What if kids at school pick on me because I'm not good? I couldn't go to a regular school if I did in fact become well known. Note my use of "well known" not "famous." I wouldn't become famous, even if I'm signed with Syco Music.

In the end, I signed all the paper work and contracts. It took hours, but I didn't mind. I told everyone my parents my fears about school after releasing music, and they agreed I wouldn't be able to attend a regular school. When we discussed this with the board, it was decided I would go by a stage name, and would not show my face. It didn't need to be for forever, but at least until I was out of high school.