Chapter 2 - Age 8-10

It is almost 1am so I'm sorry if there are any mistakes. I hope you like it. I think this chapter is a lot longer than the last chapter.  Check out the photos on the side of Louis when he was about the age he is in this chapter.  Please comment and vote!  I LOVE feedback!!!!!!!!!

*3 YEARS LATER*

         I am now in second grade, and Louis is in third grade.  We have been inseparable since the day we met at the park.  We go to the same school and hang out at Lunch.  Sadly, we are in different grades, so we are not in the same class.

         Even though I don’t have Louis in my class, I have made a few other friends that are in my grade.  Amelia or Amy as we call her, has brown, wavy hair, big brown eyes, and a lot of energy.  Zoe has straight, blonde hair, green eyes, and a good fashion sense.  My other friend is named Gabriel, but we call him Gabe.  He has curly, brown hair, brown hair, and a good sense of humor.

         I mostly hang out with them during class because at lunch I hang out with Louis and some of his friends.  Like every sane person, lunch is my favorite “subject.”  It combines my favorite things in life, friends and food.

Speaking of lunch, how much longer do I have to wait!  I’m so hungry!  I can’t wait to eat my sandwich with …

“Ariana!”  My teacher’s loud voice broke me out of my thoughts.  Oops!  I guess I was daydreaming again.  I really have to work on paying more attention.

“Yes, Ms. Mac?”  I replied.

“Do you have your homework?”  She asked me nicely.

“Ya.  It’s some where in my binder.”  I said as I looked through my relatively neat binder, “Oh! Here it is!”

         I turned in my homework, and then went back to my seat.  If I were older, I would have gotten lunch detention.  Luckily, I am not older; therefore I don’t get as many consequences at school.

         At home, it’s a different story.  If I do anything bad when my parents are around, which is rare, I get grounded.  It’s even worse when the nanny is around.  Marsha, our old nanny, quit; so, we have a new one.  Arielle is much younger and not quite as experienced with children. 

Usually, she gives us timeouts, but one time Harry made her really mad.  Harry was just be his usual normal self, and Arielle when couldn’t handle it any more, she practically exploded.  She put Harry in a closet with the light off, and locked the door from the outside.  Harry, who was afraid of the dark, got very scared, and started to cry.  Needless to say, I’ve been trying to get rid of her ever since.  (A/N: This actually happened to my brother.)

“Ariana.” A small voice whispered.

“What?” I asked, turning to face Amy.

“You’re daydreaming again.” Amy informed me.

“Thank you. I’ve gotta stop doing that.” I told her.

     Just then the bell rang, signaling lunchtime.  Finally!!!!!!!!  I ran out quickly, grabbing my lunchbox on my way out.  I found Louis at our usual meeting spot.  It was a giant oak tree that was along the outskirts of the playground.  He was wearing his usual striped shirt and bright jeans.  I had learned to love his style, even though I thought it looked a bit like a clown at first.

         As we sat there and talked, our other friends began to arrive. Soon everyone was here, and we talked about random topics and just laughed.  I couldn’t help but feel really happy.  It felt like everything in my life was great.

*TWO YEARS LATER*

After many tests and meetings, I got to skip 4th grade.  It would be a hard transition, but Louis will help me get used to it.  I’m so excited to actually be in the same grade as Louis and a bunch of my other friends.  The only part that I do not like is the fact that Amy, Gabe, and Zoe will all be in the grade below me, and I don’t want it to be awkward between us.

         Today is the first day of school.  As soon as I walked in I spotted my friends, and ran over to them.  Somehow I ended up in the middle of a giant group hug.  I would feel loved, if it wasn’t for the fact that I couldn’t breathe.

“Guys! Can’t…breathe.” I tried to say. Slowly the circle began to widen, so we could all breathe.

“This is gonna be the best year ever!  I’m so glad you’re in our grade now!  We are going to have so much fun!”  Louis shouted.

“Lou, I appreciate the enthusiasm, but do you need to talk so loudly.  You’re killing my ear drums!”  I said back to him.

“Sorry Ari.  Hey that rhymes!” Louis said slightly quieter than before.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After school, Mrs. Tomlinson drove Harry, Gemma, and I to our house because something had come up for our mom.  I wonder what had happened?

Mrs. Tomlinson walked us to our door.  When I walked inside, I knew what had come up…

My parents were yelling at the top of their lungs at each other.  It really scared me.  I had seen my parents fight before, but never like this.  When Mrs. Tomlinson realized what was happening she told us to pack over night bags quickly and meet her back downstairs in 5 minutes.

         I ran upstairs, still really confused about the whole situation.  I threw random clothes into a bag, and grabbed my toothbrush.  I wanted to leave as soon as possible, and didn’t really care what I brought.

         When we all got downstairs, we got back in the car, and drove to the Tomlinson’s house.  It was very nice of them to let us stay here while our parents sorted out their problems.

         Louis and I ran up to his room, and talked it over for a bit.  I was still in shock, and began to cry.  Louis tried to comfort me the best he could, but nothing seemed to work.  Suddenly, he began to sing to me.  His singing made me stop crying, and instead listen to his beautiful voice.  I wanted to join in because I like to sing too, but I didn’t trust my voice enough yet.

         I just sat and listened.  When he finished the song, we sat in silence for a few minutes, just enjoying each other’s company.

“You have a really good voice.”  I randomly blurted out.  So like me.

“You do to.” Louis said to me.

“I wasn’t even singing.” I told him.

“I know, but when you do it sounds great.  Have you ever thought of auditioning for a singing show like X-Factor or sending a demo to a record label?” Louis asked.

“I have thought of it a few times, but no one would like my singing.  I’m not good enough.  Have you ever though about it?” I said back to him.

“ I’ve considered it, but I would miss home too much.  You should at least send a demo of yourself to a few labels.  I bet they would sign you in no time.”  Louis said.

“I’m too young now, but maybe in a few years.” I said

It was actually a very good idea.  Maybe I will do that.

Hope you enjoyed this chapter. By the way, I have a fun fact! I included the skipping a grade part because I actually did skip 4th grade.