Chapter 14 - People Watching

Back with another chapter. We're getting close now! Enjoy and let me know what you think by voting and commenting.

It's been a few days since I did the interview with Ellen, and overall I was very happy with the public's response.  Although I still receive hate, there has been a lot less.  As the night the picture was posted becomes more distant, it seems like more people forget it was even a big deal.  Some people love being in the spotlight, even if they're getting a negative response, but I don't.  The only reason I sing is so I can share my thoughts and feelings with the world, while doing something that I love.

The boys and I were all just sitting on the couch, in our own separate worlds.  I was scrolling through twitter, occasionally frowning when I passed over a negative comment, and the boys were either playing videogames together or on their own phones.  Louis must have noticed my sad looks every now and then, because he stood up, and grabbed me by the hand.

He pulled me out the door, before I even had a chance to say goodbye to the rest of the boys.  I bet they were too preoccupied to notice that we had left anyway.  We got in the car, Louis in the drivers seat, and took off.  "Where are you taking me?"  I asked in a voice similar to that of a little kid in the backseat of their parent's car.

"It's a surprise!"  Louis said with enthusiasm.

"Uh, okay?"  I was slightly scared of what Louis had in mind.

After a few minutes of driving and singing along to the radio, we pulled into a parking lot.  I looked up at the building in front of us, and realized we were at a very nice art museum.  Why would Louis take me here?  I decided to not bother asking and just go with whatever scheme Louis had in mind.

         After we paid to get in, we began to look through all of the artwork, trying our best to seem like we belonged.  "What amazing composition there is in this painting."  I commented on what looked like a basic tree to me. 

"I quite agree," Louis chimed in with a posh voice, "The technique of the strokes is unbelievable."

I still didn't understand the reason we were here.  Did Louis really just want to look at some paintings?  That seemed way too normal for him.  Suddenly my questions about his motives were answered, when he pulled me to a bench in the corner of the room.

"So this is why we're here?  To people watch?"

"You bet!  Museums are a great place to see all kinds of people in action. Who knows, maybe we'll catch an art thief in the act."

For a while longer, we just sat and laughed at everyone around us.  There was a couple in their seventies, that were adorable and holding hands as they walked around.  There was also a mother who was trying to enjoy herself while her two sons kept running in different directions.  You could tell the security guards were keeping a close eye on the kids to make sure they didn't break anything.  On the far side of the room we were in, there were two art collectors in suits arguing over who had the most valuable paintings in their collections.  Overall, it was a very enjoyable experience to sit and watch everything unfold around us.

I hadn't had a lot of one on one time with Louis in a while, so it was nice to just sit and talk with him.  I had a strange feeling in my stomach despite the fact that we have done things like this many times before.  Something felt different from when we used to hang out before their trip to LA.  I couldn't quite put my finger on it, but it wasn't a bad feeling.  I actually quite liked it.

I couldn't help but think about how Louis was now single, and had more time to hang out with me.  I no longer had to deal with a possessive girlfriend that thought she had more right to his time than his friends did.  Would Louis get a new girlfriend?  Would she hate me as much if not more than Eleanor did?