forty five

"so what are you doing for harry's birthday?" george asked me as he removed his bandana from his face, he, alex and will were all sat around wills desk as they had just commenced filming while i sat behind the camera, occasionally giving my two cents.

"i've booked paris" i grinned and they all looked slightly shocked. "well like two months after his birthday is our anniversary so we may aswell celebrate both, y'know?"

"that's cute" alex said, with a slight case of sarcasm. "the twitch money must be good"

"oh shut up" i laughed. "how's the situation with you two anyway?"

i motioned to george and alex who were sat next to each other before george jumped away from alex, bumping into will.

"we're not gay! stop shipping us!" george exclaimed, looking extremely offended.

"well, children" will sighed. "i don't know about you but i'm fucking starving"

"wagamama?" alex suggested and everyone turned their heads towards me, waiting for me to agree or disagree.

"okay guys" i laughed. "katsu curry's from wagamama arent my only personality trait"

"yeah, how about good old burger king?" george suggested.

"i could go a halloumi burger from burger king" i nodded and the two other boys agreed before george pulled out his phone and pulled up the uber eats app.

while we waited for the food to arrive, will began to export the footage of the video they had just filmed while george and alex bickered like an old married couple, making me laugh.

"no, alex" george protested. "you literally left mouldy vegetables in the fridge for a month and you think we can look after a dog"

"i'm not going to leave the dog in the fridge though am i?" alex argued.

"alex, we're not getting a dog" george finally put his foot down and alex stormed away into wills bathroom, causing a scene.

"you guys are so cute" i giggled, riling them up.

"we're not a fucking couple!" i heard alex scream from the bathroom.

"i need new friends" will sighed, getting up from his desk and closing down his laptop.

"you love us" george grinned, making alex and i laugh but will rolled his eyes playfully before we all vacated wills bedroom and headed to the living room where we waited for our food to arrive.

i realised i hadn't checked my phone in a bit so i pulled it out of my hoodie pocket to see the girls group chat going mental.

talia : beth check twitter rn
gee : i've just seen it wtf i'm so angry?
freya : anyone heard from beth?
mia : beth are you okay? come round if you need to x

i furrowed my eyebrows in confusion before exiting the imessage app and going into twitter where my notifications were muted so as i opened the app, i was flooded with notifications.

the article i was being tagged in came up and before i could think about it, i was already clicking on the link.

youtube star cheats on his girlfriend?

my heart already had palpitations but i knew it wouldn't be real, it was clickbait, harry wouldn't do that to me.

sidemen star and influencer, harry lewis, was seen walking the streets of paris with fellow influencer, sasha appleton, where the pair looked to be getting cosy in a hotel room afterwards.

harry wasn't in paris was he? he had told me he was off to guernsey for his mums birthday.

harry, 23, has a very public and online relationship with fellow streamer and influencer, beth quinn, 21.

it showed a few pictures of harry and this gorgeous, tall, brunette girl who looked as though they were hurrying through the small streets of paris, you could see the eifell tower in the background and that's when my tears started to fall, i got up quickly and ran to the bathroom before anyone could ask.

after these pictures were taken, we can confirm the new couple made their way to a hotel next to the famous landmark, where we can only imagine what happened, so have the heartthrob couple broken up or is harry a cheater?

i drafted out so many messages i wanted to send harry, but i didn't know what i wanted to say. no words could say how i felt right now.

"beth? what's up?" i heard will say from outside the door but i just let out more cries as i sat on the floor, my knees up to my chest, chucking my phone to the other side of the bathroom.

will continued to try to force the door open but i had locked it, wanting to be alone.

"beth, just please let me know youre okay" he sighed. "please, beth"

"i'm fine" i croaked. "please, i'm fine"

i heard him sigh before walking away, before i tried to scramble to my feet again, grabbing my phone and looking at it again.

the group chat was still going mental, yet i hadn't sent a message yet but as i scrolled further i saw a message from harry which made my heart stop.

baby, there's an article going around, don't read it it's a load of bullshit
i can explain everything
i love you xx

i frowned before replying;

how could you?

and then i locked my phone, unlocking the door and making my way back to where george and alex were sat, sympathetic looks on their faces.

"beth, we saw the article" alex said, standing up. "will is going to kill him"

"where's will?" i asked.

"he barged out after seeing the pictures, we tried to stop him but he's really angry, there was no use" george explained, rubbing my arm, sympathetically.

"i'm just so confused" i frowned, looking at my phone again, i had seven missed calls from harry and around twelve texts, all of which i ignored, i wasn't ready to hear him out.

"fuck him" alex spoke up. "honestly, youre way too good for him"

"that's a lie, but i appreciate you trying to make me feel better" i smiled slightly. "i'm gonna head up to my apartment, please tell will to call me when you see him"

"are you gonna be okay?" george asked and i nodded, giving them both a short hug before heading out and into the lift.

walking along the carpeted hallway, i fumbled around for my keys before heading inside, i frowned as i saw harry's jacket hung up by the door from a few days ago.

sadness finally took over me and i just collapsed onto my couch, sobbing my heart out into a sofa cushion.

i was so overwhelmingly in love with this stupid boy, to the point where i wanted to forget everything and head to his apartment and engulf him in one of our famous bear hugs but i knew i couldn't.

even if he and this sasha girl hadn't done anything, he still lied to me and that hurt almost as much.

fuck harry lewis.