my love

EPILOGUE PART 2
¡ TW: mention of suicide !
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

"You're going to look for Hana?"

Jake's eyes widened after hearing what Heeseung said. After he visited Hana's old family home, he immediately went to his friend to tell him about his plans. He chose to tell Jake because he knew just how how much he loved Hana, he wants to believe Jake would understand him.

"I don't believe she's dead Jake, I know her. She would never do that." Heeseung reasoned. "You don't really believe she's dead, right?"

"Of course I don't." Jake replies. "But this is exactly why I didn't tell you at the first place when she first went missing."

Heeseung raised his eyebrow. "What do you mean?"

Jake took a sharp breath. "Do you recall when I visited you? I-I was supposed to tell you at that time about what happened to Hana."

He pressed his lips together, trying to take in what his friend was trying to say. Of course he remembered his friend's visit months ago, who would've thought that during those times while he remained unbothered by everything, something bad had happened to her?

"Why didn't you?"

"Because I knew you'd do this. I knew you'd drop everything to look for her, and I didn't want to ruin your happiness. You looked so happy Heeseung, how could I take that away from you?" Jake explained which made Heeseung stand up.

"There was never a day where I didn't miss her Jake. Since the day I lost her, I was never happy."

Jake sighed. "I-I understand if you want to go look for her but please, don't drop your whole life for something we are both uncertain." He tells him. "Truthfully, I would do the same. I would go look for her too but I talked to her before she did what she did."

"Y-You knew?"

He shook his head. "She gave me subtle hints but I didn't decipher it immediately. Heeseung, if you have been there to witness how tired Hana looked, you would've understood why I don't want to bother her anymore. If she's alive somewhere, she's finally free and that's all I ever wanted for her."

I'm sorry, Jake. But I can't do what you did.

Although, Jake did have a point, Heeseung couldn't stay in the country for so long because he still had so much to do abroad. Throughout his stay in the country, his head was clouded, trying to think of what he should do. He then realized he had to wait for his break before he could actually commit to looking for Hana.

He had to wait for months and when his long awaited break finally arrived, in a bat of an eye he booked a flight back home and contacted Eunbin for help. She too didn't want to stop investigating and so she offered to help with whatever Heeseung intended to do. Jake on the other hand, was supportive in his own way. He would send help when Heeseung asked which the latter was thankful for.

His first game plan was to search in the villages near the edge of the cliff. There were many of them but he scoured each and everyone of them, asking around with an investigator. They had a picture of Hana in their hands but not one person recognized her. Although he had no luck with so many villages, he didn't give up even if he was so tired, he kept going.