004

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

HANA

"Hana!"

Hana turned around to see who called her name. There she saw Jihoon walking towards her with a smile. It's been a while since she last interacted with him, they would glance and smile at one another but they barely talked really. She figured it was because he was busy making friends of his own and adapting to the new environment. Smiling back, she remained standing there as she waited for him to lessen the distance between them.

"What is it?" She asked him once he was close enough.

"It's been a while since we've talked so I just wanted to ask how you've been." He said as they began to walk in a slow pace.

She chuckles slightly. "Same as last week, not very well. How have you been? Are you comfortable now in campus?" She returned the question.

He nods. "Yes, thank you again for giving me a tour. It helped a lot actually." He thanks her once more, as if he hadn't done that already. "But can you help me with something?"

"Of course." She agrees out of kindness.

He then showed her something on his phone and she sees a very cute picture of a shih tzu. It took her a second to realize she did not understand what he needed help with. Did he need help with deciding whether he should take the dog or not? If so, how did Jihoon even know she loved dogs?

She looked at him, eyebrows arched as if she was asking him what he needed help with. "I heard from others that you like animals. I have to go somewhere this weekend, could you perhaps take care of my dog for me?"

"You're asking quite a lot from someone you barely know." Hana teased him. "Did you hear about how much I take care of my cousin's dog?"

He nods, guiltily. "Yes. I know I'm asking quite a lot from someone I only got to be friends with recently but I don't really know any people here in Korea very well aside from you." He explains. "This doesn't even have to be free! You can tell me whatever you want in exchange."

She tried to recall if she had any plans for the weekend and as far as she could remember, her schedule for the weekend is squeaky clean. Although she found it odd that Jihoon was quick enough to trust her with his dog, she could tell whatever he had in plan for the weekend was important.

"Okay then. I can take care of your dog while you're busy but please do keep in mind I'm doing this  because I think whatever you have in plan for the weekend is very important. I'm not doing this because I run some pet-sitting business." Hana clears things up first and a bright expression was plastered all over his face.