farewell

EPILOGUE PART 1
¡ TW: mention of suicide and death !
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

"Hana jumped at the edge of the cliff. They haven't found her body but it's been months so they almost declared her dead. Oh Eunbin made them continue the investigation so up until now, she is still declared as missing."

Heeseung couldn't believe what he was hearing. Hana can't be gone, she can't be. He had so many plans for them, so many words to tell her. He refused to believe that the woman he loved so much was now gone.

"She left a letter, you should go visit Haneul at their family home. You can ask him for the letter."

The last news Heeseung heard about Haneul was when Hana had just ran away from their home. Jake said his mother sent the little kid to Australia to get him away from their father. He didn't know Haneul was back in the country.

Parking in front of the huge house, he knocked on the gate multiple times before a guard opened it for him.

"Do you have any business here, young man?" The guard asked.

Heeseung nods. "I need to see Jung Haneul. Is he there?" The guard seemed confused as to how he knew the child but he was left with no other option but to ask the maid to call for Haneul.

"What's your name?"

"Heeseung."

And then he waited for a short while before the gate was fully opened for him. A child suddenly ran to Heeseung and hugged him on the waist, although he grew a bit taller he could immediately tell it was Haneul.

"Heeseung! You're back!" Haneul cheerfully says.

He hugged him back. "It's good to see you kiddo." He says, ruffling his hair.

"What are you doing here?" Haneul asked.

"Your cousin told me about Hana's letter. Can I read it?"

Haneul's smile vanished when he heard the name of his sister. "Of course. Follow me, it's in her old room." The kid walked towards the house.

This was actually the very first time he stepped foot inside Hana's home. Hana never liked their family home so when she first entered college, she immediately moved out. He respected her decision plus it wasn't like he wanted to see the place she hated so much.

It was a lot bigger than what he used to hear. In the living room there was a huge family portrait and he could see how Hana forced a smile for that shot. Then his eyes fall to her father who made her life a living hell. Even after three years, the hatred Heeseung felt for him never changed especially now that he knows Hana's missing.

"Dad is in a mental institute now. Aunt Dahee put him there after he went crazy when we found out Hana was missing." Haneul tells him the moment he noticed the older was staring at their family portrait.

Heeseung's eyes widened. "H-He went crazy?"

"Yeah, aunt Dahee and aunt Eunbin refused to tell me the details but I know it's because of his guilt." Haneul smiled sadly.

Heeseung followed him upstairs and he saw a bunch of paintings hanging on the wall. It must be the paintings their mother made that Hana used to praise so much. It really was as beautiful as Hana said it to be. They stopped in front of a room, Haneul twisted the doorknob revealing a room colored with warm colors. None of the furnitures seemed like Hana's choice so he could immediately tell the room was decorated by someone else.