021

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

HANA

"I don't want to."

Hana was taken aback by Heeseung's response. "Hee--"

"Hana, I don't want to talk." He repeated it once more possibly an attempt to clear his point.

She could tell that he already knew what they were going to talk about. "Heeseung, we can't avoid this conversation. Please, let's talk." It was her turn to repeat herself. She bit her lip hard when she felt her tears threatening to fall again from her eyes but she held herself together.

There was a long pause before he spoke. "I can't."

"Please." Her voice cracked in the end which already meant he knew she was in the verge of tears.

"Let's meet in the park. You already know where." He finally gave in and before she could speak any further, he ended the call.

Hana put the phone down, staring at it instead of standing up and making her way to the park as he instructed. Jihoon had to nudge her in the arm for her to snap out of her thoughts. Carrying Aya out of her lap, she stood up to grab her keys without saying anything to Jihoon who still had a concerned expression on his face.

"I'll drive you. I can't let you drive in that state." He offered, standing up to grab her keys from her hands. "I-I can't believe you're doing this."

Even she couldn't believe she was doing this. Refusing to speak, she followed Jihoon out of her apartment with Aya still in his arms as they make their way to his car. Every step she took closer to the park made her scared. She was afraid that once she sees him, she'll fold. She will let fear swallow her whole and then he will remain chained to her.

She stared at the park as she gripped the end of her hoodie. "I-I can do this." She mumbles to herself.

"Hana, you don't have to do this if you can't." Jihoon says followed by barks from Aya.

She looked at him. "Stop Jihoon, I have to do this."

He sighed. "I'll wait for you here." That was the last thing she heard from him before she left his car and headed to the spot where she first confessed to Heeseung.

The wind was cold and harsh but when she caught sight of him, it felt as if the heavens calmed down. Like the world slowed down for the two. She couldn't step any more closer to him because she knew if she did, this may probably be the last time she'll ever look at him up close.

Love, why do we have to do this?

Heeseung looked at her, his eyes filled with so many emotions that even she couldn't decipher. No one dared to take another step, they savored the final moments of each other. For in minutes, everything they had for two years will come to an end.