The Meeting

I pulled up to Erics’ house and parked my car in the driveway. The lights were on and I could hear loud noises coming from the house this was going to be fun. Pack meetings were always fun, after the meetings there’s usually games , a barbeque, and there are always lots of people. We use pack meetings as a way for the pack to get to know eachother, we are all like a big family.

       I got out of my car and walked into the house. As i walked inside i was greeted by people i knew i said hi as i made my way to the office down the hall to the left of the front door. The office is really big and can fit a hundred people in it if need be we hold all counsel meetings in there except when everyone needs to be notified at once then we hold them outside. I walked into the office and sat down to the right of eric. I looked around the room the elders where here, Drake my dad, Erics’ dad, Ethan, Ej, Ejore,Nick, Alan, Mark, Oliver, Kirk, Cole and Laurence, and there fathers. Erics’ father Eagan stood up and addressed the room.

“ Thank you all for coming to the meeting on time (pointedly looking at me) now that everyone is here we can start. As you know eric will be turning eighteen in a few days at that time he will be taking over the pack and becoming alpha, i will be stepping down.” Eagan tells us.

Everyone cheered and smiled. Eric stood up and took a bow before sitting down bringing more laughter.

 “Now back to business (he sits down and the room goes quiet), as you all know alpha Frankie O’Hara has new member of his pack a girl, what do we know about her? Matthew what can you tell me?” Eagan asked me.

    now I was not paying attention because I was distracted by my daydreaming and flushed when everyone turned my way and i didn’t know what they were talking about, not good for the future beta. I smiled and tried to look like i knew what he was talking about.

“YOu weren’t listening were you matthew?” eagan ask me. I nodded and apologize. He repeats his question.

“Oh, yeah about that yes there is a new member...” Eric then cuts me off mid sentence.

“Father we have met the girl today she goes to our school she is the new member of the  silverton pack, alpha O’Hara drove her to the school i saw him get out of the car with her” People erupt with questions, I didn’t know which one to answer first. The noise level increases, everyone wants to know if the rumor was true but aren’t giving me time to answer the questions they keep throwing at me.

“Quiet” Alpha Eagan yells, the room quietens instantly “Matthew what exactly is going on over there and who is this girl” all eyes turn to me.

“Her name is Frankie” I tell everyone.

“Is she mated? How old is she? What does she look like?” The questions just kept coming. I waited for everyone to calm down before I continued.

“She is mixed with black and white, 5’9 with wavy black hair that goes to her back, brown eyes, very beautiful, seventeen, and she is not mated and doesn’t have a boyfriend. Alpha I saw some other packs betas at our school, they seemed to be check to see if the rummors are true. They came  to get a good look at her. I think they were trying to see what she was all about and whatnot” I tell them.

“Not mated, hmm this could be good or bad for us, let me think eric have you met this girl?” Alpha Eagan turns to Eric.

“Yes, father I have met her” Eric tells him.

“And what did you think of her?” Eagan says.

“She was ...... nice” Eric replies sceptically.

{oh really then why did you keep staring at her like you had been starving for days and she was a piece of meat, then you treated her like she was your worst enemy?} I replied telepathically to Eric, I may sound bitter, but he wasn’t getting off the hook for messing with my sister.