30

When I get to the lobby, I get bombarded with news channels asking me questions and I answered a few before I spot Riley, she smiles, and then she starts to run towards me and I make my way through the crowd and run to her. When we reach each other, I give her a tight hug. I hated keeping this from her. She was my other half, the one who comforted me when I didn't want to worry my mom.

When I pulled away, I see tears running down her cheek. "Riely," I say as I wipe them away. "Please don't cry, I'm going to cry."

She laughs through her cry. I make ugly crying faces which successfully made her laugh louder, and before I know it, she's smiling, and no longer crying.

"I'm so happy for you man," she says. We start to walk towards the exit. "But I wish you have told me."

I give her a look. "What?"

"You had something to tell me the other day, and you lied to me."

Her eyes widen. "Wait you saw through that too?" I nod. "Man you are good at reading people."

I don't think so, I think I just know my sister more than she thinks. "So, what is it?"

We were outside now, it felt so weird being outside, I've been inside doors for so long. I shielded my eyes from the sunlight. Riley stops walking, we spot my mom with Rosan by the car, and my mom was holding the check for me while Rosan held the flowers. I smiled at them and then turned to look at Riley.

"So here's the thing," she starts. "So, Nate liked you, and so he asked me to pretend to date him so that he could get closer to you, and then he wanted to make you jealous, and I thought it was cute, so I helped them. We didn't kiss once. A few days ago, he found out you ended it with Brody so he told me we didn't have to pretend anymore, he was going to ask you out, but he got so scared, and he asked me to tell you. And he wants you to meet him at the football field at school."

Her ramble finished, but I heard it all. She lets a breath out and then waits for me to talk. But here's the thing, I was shocked, I was annoyed, and happy all at the same time.

"Olly?"

I blinked, licked my lips, and nodded. "Okay, I'll talk to you later," I smiled. "I have a boy to meet." She grinned and waved me away.

"Go, go!" I smile and nod. Thank god I wasn't wearing heels, I decided to go with the white vintage sneakers Rosan had in her shop. I ran down the street and took a shortcut through the park, I dodge some families, kids, and a bunch of dogs. But it was all worth it, because when I was at the end of the park I saw our school, and my heart was pounding out of my chest. I was tired, I was excited, and for once feeling bold as ever. The world had nothing on me. I faced my fears, and now I was getting the boy.

If I had known that this whole time they were fake dating, just so he can get me, I don't think I'd be in this amazing moment in my life where I learned a lot, grew as a person, and finally reached the point where I can finally say I love myself. Was it possible to be so happy in one day? I don't know, but here I was.

I reached the school parking lot, and now I was running across to where the football field waited for me. When I reached the back of the bleachers, I bend down and took a deep breath, I felt my lungs give out. I licked my lips, and proceed to run towards the field. When I reach the grass, I stop and see him standing in the center. He looked like he wasn't sure if I hated him or not, but as soon as I smile and ran up to him, he smiles and meets me halfway.

I hug him, and he tightly hugs me back. This was the moment I was supposed to reach. All that pain and bad days were leading me to this one perfect one where I'd end up in Nate's arms.

I pull away and bite my bottom lip as his green eyes look down at my brown ones. "Are you out of your mind?" I ask him now. He looked down at me in confusion. "Why did you fake a relationship with my sister, you could've just asked me out."

Realization crosses his facial features. "I thought you hated me."

"I didn't, I just thought you and my sister liked each other so I kept my distance."

He palmed his face and I nod. "Yeah, exactly." He looks at me. "I liked you this entire time you dumbass."

He laughs and grabs my hand, he pulled me into his chest, so now we were closer. He reaches up and brushes a piece of my hair off of my cheek with his thumb. I didn't take my eyes off him, barely blinked, and he looked down at me with an intense look. It made my stomach flutter in a way that I never felt, even with Brody. We stayed there in the middle of the field for a few minutes before I got on my tiptoes, and he leaned down and our lips meet. His hands move to the back of my waist, and I wrap my arm around his neck. I played with his hair. The way he kissed me, with so much desire, like he's waited so long for this moment and he wasn't taking it for granted. I wasn't either. He pulled me in closer, and bit my lip, I gasped and he slips his tongue in. We kissed with much more passion, our tongues play together, and then we pulled away.

We were breathless, and we smiled at each other before I place my head on his chest and he holds me there as he plays with my hair. "Wow." I hear him say, I smile onto his chest. Wow indeed, Nate Armstrong, wow indeed.

"By the way," he says now. We were in his car heading to my house. "I knew you were MX all along." I stare at him in shock. He always seemed to see the things no one ever has. How does he do that?

"What, how?" He smirked at me with a slight squint, then turned to the road.

"Well for one, I caught you looking at the talent show flier, and when I asked you if you were going to sign up you said no, but I know when you're lying," he says. "And then I heard you singing in your room that day I beat that fucker up, I was surprised your sister didn't notice that and connected the dots."

I laugh lowly and bite my lip. "How do you do it, Nate Armstrong?"

"Do what?"

"See me when no one else did?"

He smiles and shrugs "Because it's you, and when you're in love all you see is them."

"You're in love with me?" He nods, I smile and say "Me too."