9

Rosan didn't go to work the next day, so I went home. Riley was already there, with Nate. I had a moment where I was about to walk out but then realized this was my house. I went into my room and put on music as I laid down on my floor with a book.

A few minutes into reading, and forgetting that I wasn't alone in the house, my door opened, and Riley came in.

"Can you invite Brody, I want all of us to hang out." I shake my head and go back to reading. I was already anxious about not having today to practice for the talent show that's in two days. Now she wanted me to put two boys I was into in the same room? "Please?"

I look up at her now. She looked very desperate. I sigh and sit up. "Fine, but I want pizza."

She smiles. "Deal, I'll order it right now, thanks." I wave her off, and I take in a deep breath, before letting it out. I grab my phone from my bed, and text Brody.

Me: Can you come over?

I tossed it down and looked for a long sleeve striped shirt, my favorite inside doors shirt. When I found it, I pulled it over my head and put on my black socks. I had gray sweats on, so I didn't need to change that.

My phone buzzed, and I jumped on my bed to read his text.

Brody: On my way.

I smile at his text and fight a squeal from escaping my lips. I grab my phone and run down the stairs. I walk into the living room with a smile. Riley looks up at me with a smile.

"What's got you so happy?" I just smile wider, and go into the kitchen, ignoring Nate's existence. I hear her behind me.

"I ordered the pizza, it'll be here in a few minutes." I nod as I hold the fridge door open. "Are smiling because of Brody."

I look over at her and nod. Nate was standing beside her. I grab water and shut the door. As I take a sip the door rings. I put the water down and run to the door. When I open it, I hug Brody. I don't know what came over me, but I was just happy to see him. Does anyone ever get this way?

He laughs, and I pull back and smile at him. "Hello to you too." I take his hand and lead him to the living room. Riley greets him, and he does a man handshake with Nate. I sit beside Riley, and Brody sits next to me and Nate next to her. Suddenly Brody's arm comes over my shoulder, and now my head was on his shoulder.

"Movie, or game?" Riley asks.

"Let's play a game," Nate says. "How does never have I ever sound?"

Riley rolls her eyes. Brody shrugs, and I just stare into the distance. "Okay."

The next thing I knew, we were sitting around the coffee table, on the floor. "Who wants to start?" Riley asks now.

"I'll go." Brody raises his hand. "Okay if you've done it just put your hand on the table," we nod. "Never have I ever gotten suspended."

Nate's hand was the only one on the table. Brody smirked at him and Nate shakes his head.

"Never have I ever fallen asleep on a park bench." Nate and Brody place their hands on the table. Riley and I share a look.

"Never have I ever beat five guys to a pool game." That was Riley's. Her eyes were on me, and I put my hand on the table. Brody looked at me like I was a whole different person. I laugh and playfully push him away. Without even trying my eyes landed on Nate, and he was looking at me with a look I couldn't describe.

I look away, now it was my turn. "Never have I ever cut all my clothes to make other clothes." I gave Riley a look. And she groans as she places her hand on the table.

I laugh, and she smiles at me. The door rings, and I get up and run to the door. I pay the guy and go into the kitchen. I open the box and smell the delicious pizza. Someone walks into the kitchen, and I look over to see Nate. My smile gets small, and I turn to grab a paper plate from the cabinet. When I do, I go back to the pizza box and place a pizza on it.

"Do you have something against me?" He asks. I look up at him before looking back at my plate shaking my head. I grab my plate and go back into the living room. Brody looks up at me as I walk in. And it was true, I didn't, I just fell myself falling out of love with him. I was changing, and that change came with how I felt about him. I realized that keeping my distance was the best I could ever do, we weren't the same. My sister and he were meant for each other, the distance between us was a sign that I was never meant to be with him. And I was realizing that now.

"Are you okay?" He asks. I nod. He looks over my shoulder, and I turn to see Nate. I turn back to the table and sit next to Brody before I place my plate on the table. Back then I would've forced my smile, but now as I stare at Brody my smile was real, but he didn't seem convinced. "You sure?"

I lean in and kiss him on the cheek. "Yes."

He smiles, and then stands up to grab a pizza. Riley was about to get a pizza which would leave me alone with Nate. I didn't want that. "I'll get it for you, how much do you want?" She looks at me with confusion but puts one finger up. I nod and walk into the kitchen. Brody looks up and smiles at me, I return it.

I grab a plate and place a pizza on it. I stood there staring at the pizza just collecting my thoughts when suddenly Brody kisses my cheek, and I was the one left smiling. My cheeks heat up as I look at him. "I wanted to return it."

We go into the living room, smiling, and I place Riley's plate in front of her. If I learned anything today, it'd be that I was falling deeper for Brody. And Nate was falling off the pages of my life, of my mind.