29

I was on stage now, again, waiting to see who the winner of the competition was with the other contestants. I wouldn't mind losing, I won tonight regardless of who goes home with the one-thousand dollars.

A woman steps on stage, a pink suit, and a bouquet. She smiles, at us, then looks over at the audience. "Hello," some people applaud. "Ready to find out who won?" Believe me, I didn't expect it, but the crowd chanted MX and the woman looked at me with a big smile. Then she faced the people.

I closed my eyes, took in a deep breath, and let it out. "Okay," I opened my eyes, she was holding a white envelope and she opens it. Everyone stays quiet in suspense. I look over at Riley and she smiles at me with her fingers crossed. "The winner of the singing competition is... MX!"

I fell to the ground and cried my fucking eyes out. This is a life-changer. I wiped my tears, and slowly stood up. "Congratulations." The woman says as she gives me the bouquet. A man comes and hands me the big check of the one-thousand dollars. I thank him. "Give it up for MX!"

She turns to me. "Any last words?"

I nod, and she hands me the microphone, I step onto the center, and look out onto the crowd. "Thanks, I wouldn't be able to do this without you."