Fourth Generation 4/4

(A/n this will be the last chapter. Thanks for reading and if you want more Encanto content I have a papa Bruno au and have the first chapter posted so yea. Also, no specific age for any of the characters except for the triplets who are 15, so- enjoys that.)

Ezra's POV

I hear ringing, I open my eyes and sit up. My room was one of a kind, my bed was in the middle of a field that was inhabited by butterflies but the most interesting thing was there was a random door a few steps away from my bed, it was a portal so spirits could travel to and from the afterlife. I couldn't go through it but I would always see spirit come in and out of it.

Right now I could see my Abuelo, Agustin there with a smile.

"Morning Abuelo," I yawned, "What time is it?" I asked as I got up and moved to the bathroom, "It's currently 5:50 am," he said. I came out of the bathroom, fresh face and clothes on. I wore an orange vest with butterflies and skulls embroidered on it, a white polo, and some brown pants. I also had my curly hair in a little ponytail, I sighed and rolled my sleeves. "Woke up a bit earlier than intended didn't you?" he asked, I snorted, "Yep, anyway I'm going to go make some breakfast, by the way where is Abuela Julieta?" I asked.

"Oh she wanted to explore the afterlife," I nodded and left my room.

The 2nd generation had died, the only one alive was Abuelo Felix and he seemed to half-awake most of the time. I begin to walk down the stairs when I heard a crash from the kitchen, I immediately run to the noise and gap. "Tia Isabela?!" I whispered-screamed, She turned to me and gave me a guilty smile, she wore a bright blue dress with some pop of green and orange and her hair was in a tight ponytail. It looked like she attempted to cook an Arepa but burnt it.

"Hi, Ezra! you've grown so much since I last saw you!' She squealed and hugged me, it took me a second, and hugged her back, "Why you here tia? and why did you try to cook?" I asked pointing to the mess.

She shrugged, "I wanted to try and surprise you guys," then turned to me "I also planned to move back in," My eyes widen, "Really?!" she nodded, "Yep" then whispered into my ear, "Give me tour later I want to know what changed since I left," I grinned and nodded, "I will but first, help me with the food."

She nods and with my instructions, we begin cooking.

Isabela's POV

"When did you learn to cook?" I ask. We finished cooking and now were sitting on the table, resting our weary feet. He seemed silent then turned to me with a sad smile, "I learned from Abuela Julieta" I hold my breath, he looks at the champurrado as it was still warm, "After she died I asked her if I could learn from her since you know? No one in this damn casita knows how to cook."  My eyes brimmed with tears as he adds, "Plus, I wanted to get to know her...Since she died after my ceremony..."

He looked up at me again and his eyes widen, "What? is there something behind me?" I turn around, nothing there, I turn back and he was in tears. But his eyes were glowing a familiar shade of teal...

"Mama?" I whispered, tears falling. She remembered on one occasion, on the night Tia Pepa died Tio Felix was crying when Ezra became the place holder of her spirit 2 minutes after that he began vomiting. "Is this safe?" I asked, not wanting my Sobrino to be hurt, "Ezra said I only had 1 minute," Mama looked at me and smiled, "Im so happy for you Mija, you are now free. And I love you so much," I hugged her as I cried.

Then Ezra started shaking, I pull away and he hugs himself. "Thank you, Ezra." He smiled and I smile back.

"Morning Ezra-" We both turn and see Mirabel, her hands on her mouth. She ran to me and gave me a tight hug. I laugh, this is gonna be a good day.

3rd Person POV

The rest of the family comes down one by one and after breakfast, they went their separate ways. "Ezra!" Ezra turn to see Tia Mirabel, he was about to leave for the village with Tia Isabela. "Yea?" 

"After you take Isa on a tour can you meet me in my room?" She asked, Ezra, tilts his head but nods and begins taking Isabela to the village. "So, what do you want to know?" He asked as they start strolling around the village, "Hmm, what up with you kids?" She asked, I nod and take her hand to drag to the river. "Why are we here- WOAH," Isabela gasped, In front of them was Christian who was making ice sculptures, there was a bunch of states of people, animals, and places. "Christian is in charge of greeting people and rerouting the village's river but in his spare time, he makes sculptures," He points towards a statue of Isabela in which she was growing a bunch of other strange plants. Christian turns to them, he wore a red polo with waves on them. He also wore tan shorts. "Oh! Hello mister ghost, hello tia!" He said turning to them.

"Hello Christan, Wow these are beautiful~," She said, touching her statue. "Thanks, it took me a while to figure out what look I would do for you, I had to ask Tio to shapeshift into you," they laugh. Then they suddenly see a cloud hover above them, Christian then snorts and Ezra chuckles and his Tia confusnement, "Tia, since you broke out of the 'senorita perfecta' a new senorita had been crowned and Alma gladly took that job," He points at the cloud then she could see a person on it.

They had their hair in two buns being held up by 2 scrunchies that looked like clouds, they're dress was pastel yellow with clouds sprinkled around. "I thought she could fly?" Isabela asked, "She can, turns out she can make clouds too."  Christain commented.

She came down and the three started talking.

For the rest of the day, the triplets showed her around the new village.

Ezra's POV

"Ezra!" I turned and saw my mama. "Mirabel needs you," I nod and race to the house. I knock on her door, "Come in," I open the door and see Tia, holding the candle in her hands, "What did you need?" I asked, suddenly feeling anxious.  She looked at me and patted me to sit next to her then began talking.

"I have been thinking, You know when your Bisabuela died and when she passed it down to me?" She asks, I nod, "Well I thought about what will happen if I died? I knew I needed an heir to pass the candle to" I felt my palm shaking, "I was considering you...But I knew you would have said no. As much you would deine my statement we both know you would have said no," I looked down guilty, "Im sorry," She put a hand on my shoulder, "Its alright, but I do have a favor to ask of you," I look up, "When I decide an heir, I want you to help guide them. Since you can talk to the dead you would be able to get help from me and your Bisabuela in the afterlife..." She looked at me straight in the eyes, "Will you help them?" 

I think about it, then I looked at her a nodded. "Alright I'll do it," She smiled and hugged me.

Mirabel's sisters and cousins outlived her as she died at the age of 47. She was praised for being a kind soul who would listen to the problems, all though she was no longer there physically she would guide future candle holders with the help of Ezra who had grown to be the age 121. The Madrigals had grown way more than before. Their legacy had lived through so much and it would continue to grow as the world kept spinning and changing along the way. 

(A/n Thanks for reading! My papa Bruno au will be the next, also I have Camilo angst coming soo to-)

1416 words