35. Acceptance

Ranvijay's point of view

"Please do me this much favor Ranvijay.  I beg you."

For the first time I heard my name from my rudra... ever since we found rudra she never called me by my name. But my name from her makes my heart flutter.

But one thing.. she was holding her tears back. But as soon as she finished her sentence she cried. She was sobbing.

Rudrayani's tears were killing me. I held her in my embrace and I let her cry. She kept crying and sobbing. I could understand. This was too much for anyone to Handle in a single day. So much have happened in such a less time. I know it will take some time for her to wrap her head around the situations. But I will always be there for her. She can anytime come to me. My embrace is always there for her. I will protect her vulnerable self.

I kept caressing her head. Her crying and sobbing softened. She was slowly drifting to sleep. I just let her take her time. After sometime I saw her sleeping peacefully on my lap.

Soon we reached our mansion. I saw dadisa and uncle Ratan waiting in out yard for me to return with rudra. As soon as I left from car, picking rudra bridal style, I saw uncle ratan visibly relaxing.  Dadisa just smiled at me. She mouthed a  Thank you to me. I just bowed my head and returned a smile.

I took rudra to her room. Raksha came running to rudra's room, as she got to know i found rudra and brought her back. Raksha sat besides the sleeping figure of rudra. And she held rudra's hand. And she looked worriedly at me. I told her, her rudra di was just asleep, tired from all of this sudden events. Raksha just nodded.

I came to uncle ratan and we planned to go back to our ancestral palace. Uncle ratan went to make calls for arranging everything.

We needed to take our rudra back. She will rightfully return to her home, her family.

But before we go back to our kingdom,  I needed to make something right. Yes. All this while, I needed to clear one thing with someone, that we had announced my engagement with princess ruchi.  I needed to clear things up with princess ruchi....
Yes, I will go and tell her we are not going to get engaged.

I called my driver and went to her bungalow ...
As soon as she saw me, she came to me and pulled me inside. I politely freed my hand and after we settled on a sofa I told her directly,  that i can't be engaged to her.

She was shocked beacuse of my sudden decision.

I understand ruchi was a gold digger. All she loved was my money and  power.

But still i needed to respectfully tell her that we are never meant to be. That's what a royal should do.

Before she could even question me, I decided to tell her my explanation. I know I never liked ruchi, but that doesn't give me a right to insult a lady like not properly explaining her the reasons of my sudden decisions. She at least deserves to know.

I told her, " I found Rudrayani... as you know i had been already announced as her royal suitors... and she was for me.... we were there for eachother. We are  already destined to be together.  She is my fiance, since we were kids. I belong to her.

Because of the pressure of the court ministers of jaigadh I thought of getting engaged with you but sorry now I can't.

I hope you understand. And I apologize if I ever have hurt you. Bye."

With this much explanation I quickly stood up and I waited for few seconds for her reaction. But she didn't said anything. I also decided to leave from there. And I left.

All my life I used to find every day a burden in my chest to live without rudra. I had drowned myself into works, business  to keep her thoughts away from my mind so that I won't crumble in pain. I even had a fling or two hoping this temporary dating would keep me away from heart clenching pain of missing rudra. My life was so occupied. I never let a single second go  in vain. But whenever I used to have a moment of relaxation, the first thought would always be about rudra. After the work, I used to hate going back to home. Who would want to return to a  cold and alone home.