Countdown To Homecoming

You already know.
---------------
You sat on your bed and held your phone as it rang.

Finally, someone answered.

Buttercup: What?

You smiled.

Y/N: Well, good morning to you to, Buttercup.

Buttercup: Oh, Y/N. What's up?

Y/N: Ah, nothing. Just hanging out. You?

Buttercup: Yeah, more or less the same. Just laying in bed trying to find motivation to get up.

You've been there too many times.

Y/N: Cool. So, uh, I was thinking about that thing we were talking about.

Buttercup: Thing? What thing?

Y/N: The Homecoming thing. How you wanted me to ask you.

There was silence on the other line. You looked at your phone to make sure you didn't accidentally hang up.

Then, you heard a knock on the window.

You looked over to see Buttercup was floating there. You walked over and opened your window, letting her in.

She landed in your room as you closed the window behind her.

Y/N: Looks like you found your motivation to get up. But, uh, you forgot to get dressed.

Buttercup looked down at herself. She was dressed just like she had the other night when she stopped by. Green shorts and a black tank top.

Her hair was also a mess.

Buttercup: That doesn't matter. Now, hurry up and ask me.

You just sigh. You hung up the call and walked over to your friend.

Y/N: Alright. You wanna go to Homecoming?

Buttercup looked at you almost insulted.

Buttercup: That's it?

Y/N: What do you mean "that's it"?!

Buttercup crossed her arms.

Buttercup: You sounded so bored. You could at least spice it up a bit. You're asking a girl to a dance.

You just rolled your eyes. Whatever. You can do this. She wanted spice? You got spice.

Y/N: Alright. Alright.

You took a step back and took a deep breath.

Y/N: Look, you're really cool. And, you know, we both don't have dates to Homecoming. So, I was wondering if you could be my date?

Buttercup was actually surpsied that you redid the entire thing.

Your door suddenly opened and you both looked over to see Coruage walking in. He held the newspaper under one arm and a cup of coffee in his free hand.

He stopped when found you and Buttercup standing there. He looked between the two of you. He then walked back out of the room.

Buttercup: You have a weird dog.

Y/N: I know, but I love him.

You both then looked at each other.

Y/N: Well? What do you say? Wanna be each other's dates to Homecoming?

Buttercup just smirked.

Buttercup: I guess I'll allow it. You better be a good dancer.

You smiled right back.