012; i ruined our relationship

THIRD PERSON.

AFTER A LONG DAY SPENT IN THE STUDIO AND working on countless music the boy was desperate to release, his mind had still travelled back to the girl he had spent the night with not even a week ago.

In hopes that she was in the same building as him and alone this time, he left his room and made a slow walk down the hall to Kate's, nerbous of coming in contact with a guy who he was aware wasn't particularly fond of Corbyn.

And as he stood at her doorway, her laptop was one of the only light sources in the room and she was sat by herself, completely engrossed into her task as he took a few steps into her room.

"Uh, hey." Corbyn spoke up, watching the girl turn around on her chair as she gave him a small smile.

"Hi." She replied.

"So.. the other night." He mentioned, "uh.."

"A drunken mistake." Kate shook her head, "don't even worry about it."

"Right.. yeah." Corbyn said, "of course."

"It's nice seeing you again." Kate softly spoke, "i'm sorry about the way I ended things."

"No, completely fine." Corbyn shook his head as he walked into her room and sat down on a chair, "you did what you needed to do, it's okay."

Kate gave him a nod followed by a small sigh as they fell onto a small silence, the girl fiddling with her rings while Corbyn tilted his head and frowned, leaning back in his seat.

"Good sex though," he shrugged.

"Thanks for easing the awkwardness." Kate nodded and looked up at him, "I don't like awkward silence."

"I'd do it again," he raised his eyebrows.

"Getting ahead of yourself," Kate laughed slightly, turning herself back to her laptop as Corbyn smiled, "I know i'm good but i've got another guy to worry about."

Corbyn's smile immediately fell as Kate finished her sentence, an upset yet annoyed look on his face as he watched the girl begin to pack up her things.

"You're different." Corbyn spoke up as her smile fell and she looked at him confused.

"...what?" She slowly furrowed her eyebrows.

"You've changed." He shrugged.

"Okay." She brushed it off, turning back to her bag as Corbyn looked over to her desk, his eyes landing on a photo frame with the picture they had took on their trip to New York a little over a year ago.

His eyebrows furrowed as he stood up, walking over to her and reaching across the pick up the frame, staring at the photo as Kate glanced at him before sighing.

"How long has this been here?" He asked.

"Since I got a studio in this building." She admitted, shutting her laptop as Corbyn nodded.

"You have this but you unfollowed us?" Corbyn asked her in confusion, "you didn't remain friends with-"

"Stop asking me questions," Kate interrupted him, taking the frame from his hand and placing it back on the desk face down.

"Why are you acting so weird?" Corbyn furrowed his eyebrows, "personality change or something? You're so closed off and full of yourself."

"Yeah a lot of people in this industry are like that." She put on her jacket, staring at him while she spoke as Corbyn laughed slightly and shook his head.

"You're only here because of me and the guys." He told her as she nodded, throwing her bag over her shoulder.

"There's the answer to the photo frame situation." Kate raised her eyebrows, switching off the light to the studio and walking out of it as Corbyn glanced to the photo frame and followed her out of the room.