015; i feel forgotten about

THIRD PERSON.

EVIE WALKED BACK INTO HER APARTMENT JUST past noon, spending the morning with her girlfriend and getting breakfast at a small cafe before she walked through the front door with a bag of groceries in her hand.

As she kicked her door closed with her foot and placed her bag onto the counter, she glanced up and immediately paused to the sight of her best friend on their couch, her laptop by her side and music blasting from the one airpod she had in.

"Hey."

"Don't do that." Evie replied, "don't turn up and act like shit is fine."

"Shit is not fine." Kate said, keeping her eyes fixed on her laptop screen as Evie walked over to the couch, "shit is very much bad."

"Kate," she stared at her, "are you serious?"

"What?"

"You've cancelled plans or forgotten about them, you act completely different when I try talk to you about things and you can't admit you're wrong, are you out of your mind?" She raised her eyebrows, "I don't know who I'm living with at this point."

"Okay i'm aware I may have been a bad friend recently," she shrugged, closing her laptop and looking over at Evie.

"Recently? The past six months." Evie nodded.

"I've had a lot going on."

"Like Isaac?"

"No." Kate frowned.

"You're always with him," Evie shrugged, "all your songs are about him and you knew how much of an asshole he is, why are you back with him?"

"We're not dating," she argued, "we aren't together, I don't know what's happening."

"Kate I can't even hang out with my best friend because of him," Evie replied with her eyebrows furrowed, "I feel forgotten about."

"I'm sorry," Kate looked at her and sighed, "i'm really sorry, I'll make it up to you."

"I'm not forgiving you until you prove it." She said, walking back over to their kitchen as Kate let out a huff, "have you been with Isaac the past few days?"

"Not by choice." She shook her head, watching the girl pause as she looked over at her, "he sort of said that there was no point in me coming back because i'd be back with him the next night."

"Where did you go?"

"We went to a party and I got drunk, I only saw your texts this morning but they were already opened." She explained, "so I came here because I didn't want you to be lonely."

"What?" Evie furrowed her eyebrows, "that doesn't add up."

"What doesn't?"

"My texts were already opened but you didn't see them until this morning."

"He was on my phone." Kate shrugged, "he probably saw them."

"...why was he on your phone?"

"Why are you asking so many questions?" Kate tilted her head.

"Because i'm concerned, Kate." Evie told her with a sigh.

"I don't know why he was on it, I was drunk." She admitted, "It was in my bag when I fell asleep and I woke up and it was beside him, I don't know."

"What's the hickey on your neck? Where's that from?"

"I don't know."

"What about the bruise on your arm?"