029; you didn't even cuddle

THIRD PERSON.

"I didn't expect you to come home last night you know," Evie spoke up, sat opposite her best friend in a restaurant as Kate shrugged.

"Corbyn and I hooked up," she glanced to Evie as she slowly nodded.

"Usually you stay over... did you not want to stay the night?"

"..No he said after it that he needed to be up early so it's best if I went," Kate explaining as she watched Evie pause and turn to her, "what?"

"You didn't even cuddle? You just.. had sex and then he told you to leave?"

"Yeah he needed to be awake early," she nodded.

"And you're okay with that?" She raised her eyebrows slightly as Kate frowned.

"I feel a bit used." Kate shrugged, "but I get it."

"If he ever came round and you hooked up, if you needed to be awake early would you tell him to leave?" Evie asked her.

"No I'd tell him I needed to be awake early but I'd probably ask if he wanted to stay the night."

"Kate, can I be honest?" Evie asked, an upset look on her face beginning to form as Kate looked up from her meal and nodded.

"Of course."

"Why don't you take some time to yourself?" She shrugged slightly, "have some time being single. Corbyn seems to not know what he wants from you at the moment and you know that's just going to hurt you in the long run."

"I know..."

"Wasn't he at our place the other night? What was he there for?"

"He saw Isaac in my studio the day I was ending things and he assumed he was there so we could hook up and didn't believe anything I said, he came over to talk about it and I told him how I was feeling about this whole music thing and he's been super loving since." Kate explained as Evie nodded.

"What did you say about how you're feeling?"

"Uh... just that I feel really shit about it because everyone is telling me it's not worth it and I don't want it as bad as I think I do and stuff," she shrugged, looking back down to her plate as Evie sighed.

"I'm sorry," she told her, "I'm sorry I said that."

"You had a reason to, you were upset because you felt ignored."

"That's no excuse to say you don't like what you've dreamt of doing." Evie explained, "I'm sorry, I didn't realise it would get to you as bad as it did, I said it without thinking."

"It wasn't just you anyway." Kate shook her head, "Isaac has said it too."

"I think you just need time to yourself and time to put all your effort into this music, you're fully capable of doing it." She told her, "Corbyn has no reason to get mad at any of this if you guys aren't even together."

"True," Kate shrugged and glanced back down to her meal, continuing to eat while Evie looked at her.

With a glance to her left outside the windows of the restaurant, her eyes caught attention to the group of cameramen stood in a large group before looking back to Kate, the fresh mark on her neck unable to cover with her hair.

"Are you almost done?" Evie asked.

"Pretty much," Kate nodded, placing her silverware onto her plate and grabbing her card from her bag, "I'll pay."

"Kate," she frowned, "you paid last time."

"And i'll pay again this time." She shrugged and smiled.

Once the pair of best friends had paid for their meal and given a tip on top, Kate threw her bag over her shoulder before standing up from their booth, watching Evie search through her bag while she folded her arms.