026; never let a man make you cry

THIRD PERSON.

CORBYN HAD DECIDED TO BE THE ONE TO MAKE the first move after their argument and had showed up outside of Kate's apartment, knocking on the door a few times before glancing around and nervously biting his lip.

As soon as the door was being unlocked, his shot his head towards it as it opened to reveal the girl stood opposite him in a slightly loose t-shirt and her hair thrown up into a extremely messy ponytail.

The rest of her apartment was quiet apart from the TV in the back corner, a few dim-lit lights turned on and a pile of dishes to wash up by the kitchen sink. He turned back to her as she stared at him blankly, waiting for him to attempt a conversation.

"You're home alone..?" Corbyn furrowed his eyebrows, watching her shrug with a small sigh.

"Evie is at Sydnie's for the night." She replied, leaving her door open as she walked back over to her couch, the boy glancing at her up and down before watching her fall back onto her pile of blankets and look at the TV.

As he stepped foot into her apartment and closed the door behind him, he walked over to the couch and stood behind it, his eyes flickering from the TV to the girl as an awkward silence filled the room.

"Why haven't you texted me yet to apologise?" He spoke up, an annoyed tone in his voice while she let out a sigh.

"You said you wanted nothing to do with me."

"I didn't mean it."

"I'm not a mind reader." Kate argued, "I told you the truth and you chose not to believe it, leave me alone if you're that bothered."

"Is he actually gone?" Corbyn asked, "you for real ended things?"

"Yes!" She threw her head back in annoyance, "I did it in the studio so people were around."

He stayed silent again, watching her pause the current show she was watching and stand up before grabbing her glass and walking over to her kitchen, "do you want a drink?"

"Dr Pepper." He replied, following her through as he leant against one of the counters and watched her pour two drinks, "..you look good."

"Shut up," she shook her head.

"You do."

"I've been crying, shut up." Kate stopped what she was doing to turn her head towards the boy, "don't come over and do that."

"Do what?" He asked with a shrug.

"Act like everything is fine."

"Why were you crying?"

"Because you said you didn't want anything to do with me." Kate told him as she took a deep breath, "I ended things with Isaac so we could work on shit and instead you pushed me away."

"I came over to apologise I-"

"You came over to ask why I haven't apologised." She corrected him with a raise of her eyebrows, "I'm not saying sorry for something I didn't do."

"Kate." Corbyn mumbled with a frown.

"I told him I didn't like Katelyn because you're the only person I let call me Katelyn," she admitted to him as he nodded and looked her up and down, "I did all that shit just for you."

"I'm sorry I didn't believe you at the time." He replied, being handed his drink by the girl before she looked up at him, "there, is that what you wanted?"

"...That makes it seem not sincere." She said.

"I'm sorry, Kate." Corbyn looked down at her as they locked eyes, "i'm really sorry I hurt you, I regret it and I believe you now."