Ch. 29- A Sentimental Chapter

The Werewolf Mate

Ch.29- A Sentimental Chapter

Bella’s P.O.V. ***

I stood there looking at my mate, my mouth hanging wide open. I hate to admit it but even in that towel he looked sexy as h*ll. Water droplets dripped down his chest, slowly sliding over his rock hard abs and disappearing into the towel.  I shut my mouth and a slight smirk appeared on my lips, thoughts coming up into my head. I walked into the room looking at Scott the whole time and shut the door softly behind me…

*** Drew’s P.O.V. ***

I watched Lydia from across the table as Scott droned on about something to do with the pack. I couldn’t pay attention when I knew something was wrong with my mate. Lydia looked on edge and it was bugging me that I didn’t know what was wrong so I could fix it. But she’s been avoiding me lately, making it where we’re never in a room alone. Where I can’t figure out what is going on with her but I planned on figuring it out by tonight.

The screech of a chair snapped me out of my thoughts and I refocused my vision to see Lydia stand and walk with her head down out of the room. I wanted to follow her but I knew if I did question would start to be asked and if what she was going through right now was stressful enough that she couldn’t tell me than I knew I needed to stay where I was for the time being.

My attention was now back onto what Scott was saying but I only heard a few lines here and there, my thoughts elsewhere…  Multiple chair screeches were what told me the meeting was over and that I could leave. I didn’t give anyone a second glance as I walked out of the room, most not even a glance at all. I was on a mission: to find my mate. I searched the kitchen first but when I realized she wasn’t there and heard an even breathing come from the lounge I quickened my pace almost to a jog. I came to a sudden halt as I saw her sitting down on the leather couch by her self. She slight dark circles under her eyes and her skin looked slightly pale. Wow, I’m such a good mate! I can’t believe I just noticed this.

I walked slowly to the couch and sat down next her trying not to jostle her, as she looked lost in thought. Her eyes snapped up briefly before she tried to stand up but I wasn’t allowing that this time. I wrapped one of my arms around her waist bringing her down gently into my lap. She laid her head on my shoulder and started to cry. I laid my head against hers and rubbed her back up and down. I didn’t speak a word, knowing that nothing I said would fix this. I didn’t even know what was wrong in the first place. I didn’t want to hurt her emotionally anymore than she is now. I just wanted to be with her. To hold her in my arms because after all I was just a boy trying to figure out where we were going in life.

Sometimes I wish I could tell what was going to happen. I wish I could tell her everything was going to be all right in the end but I couldn’t because most of the time those words were a lie and I couldn’t lie to her, I couldn’t hurt her.  I didn’t know what

Her thoughts were like and I didn’t know what to do but sit there and listen to what she told me.

“I-I love you Drew,” Lydia whispered against my shoulder. I kissed the top of her head, “I love you too, no matter what happens and until the world ends.”

Shauna’s P.O.V ***