Bear 28

(Slight content warning) 

Stepping back into the house some three hours later, Ranger felt more than ready for a long nap. He'd run a bit too much, especially after not having done so in so long. Unsurprisingly, Heian looked to be in the same boat. They'd both stopped by the barn to grab their clothing and get dressed, but now that they were inside, the heat from the house was making both of them drowsy. 

"Hey Rane! Long time no see," Chase called out from the table, making Ranger blink a few times, surprised to see the man sitting there. 

Pushing aside his sleepiness, Ranger hurried over and gave the guy a fist bump, foregoing hugging because he knew he was sweaty as all hell and needed a shower. 

"Hey man. You're looking great. All healed up?" he asked with an excited smile as he heard Heian walk past them and head up the stairs. 

"Yeah, you look like you've been bitten a bit, though... I don't think it's the bear this time?" Chase said as he followed Heian's movements until the man disappeared. 

Ranger immediately felt his face burn, but he put out the fire quickly when he noticed fuzzy, stubby legs stretching out of the kitchen. Raising an eyebrow, he walked a few steps closer to look, and realized right away that he shouldn't have. 

"I... uh, broke the plastic honey bottle by accident. He got a little too excited for his snack and bumped me when I wasn't paying attention. I figured I'd just let him clean up the mess," his brother said from the other side of the table with a sheepish grin and shrug. 

Turning away from the chunky bear cleaning their kitchen floor with its tongue, Ranger stared at his brother and shook his head. 

"Do you know how much sugar your putting into that thing right now? He's going to be wired for a month."

Judging from the look on Walker's face, he knew. 

"Don't let me hold you up. Your brother has been more than generous sharing the tales of your new man," Chase said with a wink that made Ranger roll his eyes. He deserved the slight taunt, though. Considering how much he'd chased women, it was only humorous to know that he was now taken by a cocky horse... and a male one, at that. 

"Go shower, bro, you stink," Walker finally said, making Ranger lift an arm and sniff at his salty skin. 

You have a point. 

He turned and hurried toward the stairs while his friend yelled from behind him, "your man is already using the one upstairs!"

Ranger paused in the middle of the steps, realizing that he should use the downstairs bathroom... but then simply shrugged and finished ascending the stairs. 

As he walked closer to the bathroom he could hear the water being turned on. Right before he could open the door, however, he felt a faint buzzing sensation in his mind, then heard Heian's soft voice. 

Would you mind bringing some clothing in with you? I don't believe we should wear our current outfits after washing. 

Oh, right. 

He quickly turned around and headed to his room, grabbing a pair of pajamas for himself, and also taking a set that Heian had left the previous time he'd been over. They'd already been washed, so they were good to go. 

Once he had their two outfits, he returned to the bathroom, but stopped himself right outside the door. For some reason, his heart was beating hard against his chest. 

It's not like you weren't with him naked all last night.

That pep talk didn't help. They had definitely been handsy last night, and when he'd woken up this morning the guy had laid claim to his neck like a frenzied mosquito. He'd thought that Heian's kink was his hair, yet he was having second thoughts after the amount of marks he'd left on his neck.