Bear 20

Clean. Need to clean...

Ranger's cat had seemingly been in control for a while as it continued its normal morning grooming session. He habitually licked his arms, shoulders, and sometimes his hands and the upper part of his chest a few times a week in the morning before his human side came around to halt the embarrassing behavior.

His rough, sandpaper-like tongue was hard at work cleaning warm skin. For some reason, what was beneath it kept moving and shifting as if this was the first time he'd cleaned himself. It was odd, but his mind was too foggy trying to wake up to notice anything off.

"Let's not go lower," came a voice beside and slightly beneath him, its sound rumbling from beneath his traveling tongue. "At least not until you're fully awake."

What?

Ranger tried to wrestle his cat back, but it adamantly refused to stop its task. It never let him stop its grooming sessions. It was one of the rare times that it could hold back his human form for any decent amount of time.

Frustrated, Ranger tried to at least open his eyes, but he had no luck as he felt his body scoot upward a bit, then tilt his head to lick at something that had to be near where his pillows were, but it sure as hell wasn't himself.

Wait a minute. Last night, Heian stayed over...

"I'm sorry, Kit. I can tell that you're not in control of this, but I've already tried to stop him twice. You've got some nice teeth, even without your beautiful cat's larger ones. It seems like he's determined to lick me clean from head to toe. I stopped him from going too low, though," came Heian's response to his thought.

Kill me now.

He felt fingers sift through his hair as a deep chuckle reverberated through his hands where they rested on different parts of Heian's body, as well as a small portion of his upper chest.

"I would say that I'll pay you back to make this right, but I'm not really sure what else I can help you with besides perhaps some more work and maybe cooking dinner?" Heian offered, making Ranger want to nip his nose.

It isn't your fault. I should have remembered that this happens often.

Heian was silent for a short time before he replied honestly.

"Well, I can't say that I'm upset that you forgot. I only feel bad because this isn't really you doing it."

You would be okay with this if it was me? Ranger asked, incredulity and disbelief mixed into the thought.

"Absolutely, and I'd lick you back, too."

Ranger wasn't sure how to respond to that, so he remained silent until, finally, he felt his body relax against Heian's and slowly opened his blurry eyes. He could feel the man still sifting his fingers through his hair, but he didn't mind. It actually helped him clear his head to have some sort of tactile stimulation to focus on.

"Sorry," Ranger finally whispered as he noticed the large swaths of red across Heian's chest and upper abdomen. His cat had clearly been having a good time with a new target to groom.

He felt a few pats to the top of his head before Heian's arms wrapped around him and squeezed gently.

"It was a surprise, and I never imagined that I'd one day feel the equivalent of rubbing sandpaper all over my upper body as a wake up call, but I can't say that I'm upset about it," Heian said as Ranger tilted his head to look up at the man.

He felt his cat stir beneath the surface at seeing the man's face whom he shared a bed with all night, but like hell he'd let it take control again. With his luck it would probably shred both of their pairs of pants and then do several kinds of physical education activities that weren't taught in gym class.