Bear 22

(Marsh and Heian are so much fun XD) 

It was extremely hard to pretend that he wasn't hearing Ranger's thoughts now. He'd most definitely heard the revolutionary one when the guy was upstairs, but when he came back down afterward, he was cool and collected, though albeit a little nervous. 

So adorable. 

"What are you staring at?" Ranger grumbled as he started hand washing the dishes that hadn't fit in the dishwasher. 

The boys were great at farm work, but when it came to inside the home... some things were lacking. Ranger had pulled his hair back into a tiny ponytail to keep it out of his eyes while he was looking down to wash, but seeing him differently so suddenly was making it hard for Heian to focus. On one side, he couldn't just randomly run his fingers through his hair while it was tightly tied... but on the other, it was freaking adorable. 

He blinked when the end of a damp ladle abruptly poked the end of his nose.

"Don't get any pervy ideas just because I kissed you for making me breakfast. I was starving this morning," Ranger said, his tone scolding but his face tinting pink at the memory. 

Heian bit his tongue on a verbal and physical response. He wanted to slip his tongue out and lick the item poking him, but he didn't want to push his love too far. Today had already been a miracle for them. No need to mess it up with perverted jokes and fooling around. Besides, he didn't always have to be thinking about Ranger in that way. The guy was amazing in his own right, and even looking past his gorgeous appearance and work ethic, he was a nice guy who had a rare and beautiful shift, liked to ride horses and sleep, and was perfectly happy just chilling on the couch watching movies on his down time or spending some extra time with his animals. 

I can do all of those things, too. Nia would also love to spend some time with you, as well. 

"I wouldn't dream of it," he finally replied with a growing smile as he turned toward the counter and continued wiping off the clean dishes that were beginning to pile up on a towel they'd spread out. 

Of course you haven't, because you haven't gone to sleep yet since it had happened, he heard Ranger think to him, unintentionally, he was sure. 

He was one hundred percent guilty there, though. 

"Not that it really matters, though," Ranger muttered as he focused exceedingly hard on scrubbing a cup that didn't really seem all that dirty. 

I love you. 

The man suddenly stopped scrubbing and looked up, his cheeks now a soft red color. Heian lifted his eyebrows, pursing his lips and shrugging at what he knew must have happened. 

"Sorry, I'm trying not to overload you," he said, watching as Ranger just took a deep breath and turned back to his task. Having overheard that one thought still seemed to be bothering him, though, so Heian hurried to dry most of the remaining dishes, then made his way into the living room area so that he could give the other man some space. 

He was just about to sit down on the sofa and turn on the TV when he heard the sound of someone coming down the stairs at the same time a different person knocked on the front door. They'd called Walker and Marsh down a few times, but after a while the food had gotten cold. Figuring they could just heat it up, they'd called them one last time about ten minutes ago. 

Walker paused at the bottom of the stairs, then slowly walked toward the door, seemingly nervous. 

Is he expecting someone?