isolated||10

❝𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐌𝐄𝐌𝐎𝐑𝐈𝐄𝐒 𝐨𝐟 𝐦𝐲 𝐩𝐚𝐬𝐭 𝐧𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐚𝐝𝐞.❞

"You, you have disappointed me, you have disobeyed, and will receive punishment. I don't get why you can't be more like Natasha, or god forbid the other one," Dreykov was fuming at the little girl.

"I-I I'm sorry, s-sir, i-it won't happen again."

"I don't care," he gritted, motioning for his guards, "Put her in isolation. Keep it there until I say."

"B-but sir, that could really mess up her min-" he started.

"Do what I say," Dreykov walked out, slamming the doors.

Katerina was roughly yanked off of her feet, being dragged to the cells at the very bottom. She wasn't quite sure what 'isolation' was, but being down here already made her resistant.

"STOP IT!" the guard pulled out his taser, plunging it into her side. She immediately obeyed, a small pool of tears forming in her sad, green irises. She was harshly thrown into the dark, grey cell, the walls covered in a weird thick mat-like texture.

Now she understood what isolation meant. 

Being all alone, trapped in a dark room for god knows how long, being starved.

But what was new?

"LET ME OUT!" She screamed, banging on the walls. Dreykov let out a small chuckle at the little girl's attempts to escape, "Pathetic," he laughed. 

"Katerina.."

"Katerina open your eyes."

"Katerina!"

She shot up from her bed, startled to see a worried Yelena right beside her.

"What's going on, Kat?"

She sniffed, burying her face into her older sister's embrace. "You can tell me when you're ready," Yelena sighed, rubbing the girl's back. 

"I-he- I was a-all alone, a-and I-I w-was trapped i-in t-the d-dark. I w-was s-scared and he wouldn't l-let me out," she hiccuped, choking on sobs. 

"Oh Kat," Yelena wrapped her arms around her, "I'm so sorry. I'm so sorry I didn't save you sooner."

"I-it's o-okay," she sniffed, nuzzling into her shoulder.

"Take a deep breath, like this," Yelena motioned, taking slow, easy breaths. "Now close your eyes," she said, slowly laying back down. "I'll be with you the whole night. 'Kay?"

"M-mkay," she replied, closing her eyes. 

And for once, the memories didn't come.

I guess Yelena was just her dreamcatcher.