nightmares||09

❝𝐌𝐘 𝐎𝐍𝐋𝐘 𝐟𝐞𝐚𝐫 𝐢𝐬 𝐦𝐲 𝐩𝐚𝐬𝐭.❞

Katerina whimpered, thrashing around in her bed. It was the night terrors, the memories, keeping the little girl from sleeping. She shot up from her laying-down state, and let out a sob into the palms of her clammy hands. 

Yelena was sitting down on the table, being up all night just thinking, until she heard a small cry. She stood up and walked into her baby sister's room, only to see her in such a vulnerable state. 

"Oh Kat," she mumbled, wrapping her arms around the trembling girl. She lifted her up, Katerina being very much underweight for her age. 

"What's gotten you like this, huh? Is it still the same?" Yelena cooed slightly swaying her. She felt Katerina nod her head, into the crook of Yelena's neck. 

"You want to talk about it?"

She shook her head no, burying even farther into her sister's embrace.

"You have to talk to me. You can't keep pushing it away. It's just going to bottle up," Yelena coaxed.

"I'm s-sorry-y," she cried, rubbing her cheeks. 

"Hey, don't be sorry, it's okay, I get it. I was in the same position as you, at some point."

"I-I p-promise I will soon, n-not n-now."

"M'kay. How bout you get some sleep?"

She once again shook her head no, "What do you mean, no? No sleep?" 

"M'scared," she confessed, her cheeks flushing red. 

"Okay, how about I will stay with you, huh?" 

"Yes please," she murmured in response. 

Yelena got in bed with Katerina, wrapping her arms around the small girl. "I love you, Katerina. Just know you are safe with me," she stated, stroking the stray tears off of her cheeks. 

"I love you too, Yelena," she sniffed, closing her green irises. 

short & fluffy ; short & sweet ; i still hope you enjoyed. x.

[1.9.22]