blood||06

YELENA BELOVA was lying on a hospital bed, or more like restrained to it. 

"This is a much less cool way to die," Yelena mutters, thinking about her sisters.

A few minutes later, Melina tells her through the earpiece, "Yelena, it's me. It's mama."

"You have a two-inch blade concealed in your beltline," Melina whispers. 

"What?" Yelena asks, louder.

The nurses look at her weirdly. 

"What ar- what are you going to do to me?" Yelena questions. 

"Outside right hip."

"Не дайте ей заснуть для черепных разрезов. (Keep her awake for the cranial incisions)," the doctor states. 

Yelena rips the restraints off with the small blade and fights off the nurses. One of them sticks the injection into her shoulder, making her grunt in pain. She finishes them off, and pulls out the needle. 

"You couldn't have told me sooner?" Yelena snaps. 

"Oh, don't throw a fit..." Melina replies, "There wasn't time."

"Where did he take the vials? And where is Katerina?" Yelena asks. 

"Probably down to cold storage, and I have no idea where Katerina is. He might have brought her into the cells underneath..." 

"Okay, I'll look."

"But you have to expose the widows to the antidote," Melina commands.

"Yeah, sure. Easy," Yelena sighs. She climbs into a vent, crawling around, finding a new opening. She then jumps down into Nat's famous landing pose.

"Ugh, that was disgusting," she shudders, walking away.

Yelena sneaks behind a guard and takes him down, using his hand print to open up the door. She walks down the halls, finding the bright red vials.

"Now to you, kitty," she mumbles. 

Walking down the long halls, she looks around trying to find a door to cells, down below. 

"Gotcha."

Yelena kicks it open and uses the red vials as lighting. She continues to walk until she spots a figure, lying down, covered in crimson liquid.

"Oh my god.." Yelena lets out a breath, "Melina- I- Katerina, I found her.."

"That's good, is she okay?" she hears from the other line.

"No, no, no, Melina, I think she might-"

"Okay, get her out, don't let her go," Melina tells Yelena. 

Yelena picks Katerina up, making the little girl stir.

"Shh...it's okay, it's Lena, just me," she soothes. 

"It's my network of widows that help me control the scales of power," Dreykov starts, "One command, the oil and stock markets crumble. One command, and a quarter of the planet will starve. My widows can start and end wars. They can make and break kings."

"You control all that from here?" Natasha questions. 

"And with you, an Avenger under my control, I can finally come out of the shadows, using the only natural resource that the world has too much of," he pauses, "Girls."

Dreykov brings up hundreds of different files he has on girls. 

"All from that little console?" Natasha mocks. 

"Yeah," Dreykov replies.

Natasha smiles.

"Oh, you find this amusing? Why are you smiling?"

"Don't take it personal, but, uh," Natasha starts, "Thank you for your cooperation....You weren't quite strong enough, so I'll have to finish it myself."

"What are you going to do?" he chuckles. 

She smashes her face on the table, specifically her nose, "Sever the nerve."

She punches his face making him fall. Alarms began blaring, and everything went into chaos. 

Melina walked along the rails and told Yelena, "Slight change of plan. I completely demolished one of the engines and we are going into a controlled crash."

"Fantastic," Yelena replies, running, "I'm heading to the widows now." 

She gets into the training room, and it's empty.

"No..." 

Yelena attaches the vials to something explosive and runs out. 

Where are the widows...

[Aug 29, 2021]

*edited*