Chapter Fourteen

Her head was pounding, her arms felt loose and limp, and her stomach rolled. Rebel rolled onto her back and slowly opened her eyes. The ceiling seemed to spin and she lifted herself up to stare at a wall covered in Harleys. This was not her room.

Her head pounded again and her mind flashed to a party. She squeezed her eyes shut. She didn't remember a party.

Did she get so drunk she blacked out? She'd never done that before. Is that why she was in this room? Fuck, she needed to get home.

She swung her legs over the side of the bed but froze when the door opened. Rampage walked through with a bowl in his hand. He stopped as his eyes landed on her. Now she was really confused.

"You're up," a shit eating grin covered his face.

"I'm so confused..." she said. "Wh-- How... Why do I feel so lost?" She asked as tears pooled in her eyes. She heard her voice crack and knew she was going to cry even if she tried not to.

"Fuck," she heard Ram say. Then she felt his arms wrap around her. He held her tight as she cried into his chest.

"What happened to me, Ram?" She begged as another image of a party flashed. She was dancing with Gena, then she disappeared.

"Maybe now isn't the best time--"

Rebel stared into his eyes. "Please, Ram. I need to know. You know, right? What happened? Otherwise I wouldn't be here."

He sighed. "You were at a party with Gena. Bikers showed up. One put Roofies in your drink--at least three."

Panic seized her and she found it hard to breathe. Rampage gripped her face and forced her to look at him.

"Nothing happened," he said quickly. "Nothing happened, Rebel. Gena called me and we got there just in time. Me, Snake, Digger, Hatchett, and few of the other brothers. We got to you just in time."

She let out a sob. "Daddy will be so pissed. I told him I'd stop. I said--"

"Your dad is happy you're safe. Yes, he's upset, but it's because something was close to happening to you, or he could have lost you."

"You're sure nothing happened?"

"Promise. Now stop crying, your dad took care of everything."

She laughed once. "We all know what that means, right?"

"You know him." He shrugged.

"Yea..." she took a deep breath and wiped her eyes. "Can I use your shower?"

He nodded. "I'll bring you some clothes."

Rampage left her alone and she started the shower. She hadn't noticed how clean his room was. Usually the brother's rooms were a mess, but Rampage didn't have a thing out of place.

She took off her bra and panties and threw them in the trash--no way was she keeping those. Stepping under the spray of the water, she closed her eyes. She felt dirty, like she could still feel him over her. Rebel turned the water up until it burned and turned her skin red. She scrubbed her skin until it felt raw and she was sure it would bleed.

"Can't see shit in here," she heard Rampage say. "Why the fuck is there so much steam?"

He reached in, cursed and pulled his hand out. He grabbed the nob and turned the water off. The curtain swung open and he held out a towel.

"Let's go, get your ass out." He said and she stepped into the towel. He wrapped it around her. "Trying to burn your skin off?"

"I just didn't want to feel it. It felt like my skin was crawling," she confessed.

"Here, I got you clothes," he said. "Call Gena and then we'll go show everyone you're ok." He turned to go.

"Ram?" He looked back at her. "How long?"

"Almost four days."

******

After she called Gena and talked to her for almost an hour, Rebel held onto Rampage's arm as he helped her down the stairs. She still got lightheaded when she moved and though she didn't like relying on him, she was glad he was there. .

Everyone was in the main room, talking in hushed tones. Her dad was the first to see her and pushed through everyone, wrapping her in his big arms, he squeezed her tight.

"No more, baby," he whispered, kissing her temple. "I can't lose you too."

"I know, daddy. I'm sorry..."

She went around the room hugging everyone and letting them know she was ok, but inside, she had no idea how she felt. She didn't know if she could get over this.

Rampage was by her in a second, moving her out of the crowd. "You look like you're about to throw up."

He took her outside and sat her on a picnic table. She looked up at him. "I don't know how to handle this, Ram. I don't know if I'm strong enough..."

He laughed. He actually laughed. "Are you kidding me, Reb? You're the toughest, meanest bitch I know and if anyone can get through this it's you."

She laughed and wiped her eyes. Rampage always had confidence in her. Before everything happened, she could tell him everything and he would listen and talk to her about her problems. He did it because he wanted to.

Looking at him, Rebel realized she didn't feel so plagued with him here. Part of her felt pissed off, while the other was happy she felt safe with him again. She growled, frustrated, and pushed him, getting off the picnic table and pacing.

"God, I hate you!" She shouted.

Rampage stood there confusion covering his face as he stared at her like she was crazy. "I'm lost. What the hell just happened?"

"You happened! You came back! You payed the hero! Congratulations, Rampage, you're winning me over!"

"And that's a bad thing?"

"Yes!"

"Why?"

"Because.... because... ugh!" God, she hated him, how he could work her up. "You're supposed to be the bad guy!"

He chuckled. "You're mad cause you like me."

"I do not!" She shouted.

Rampage grabbed her wrist, pulled her to him, and snaked his arm around her waist, pulling her flush against him. Her breath hitched and her cheeks burned. "Oh you do, babe. I can feel your heart pounding and that look in your eyes..." he bit his lip.

"Fuck you," she whispered, her eyes darting to his lips.

"I think it's time we go for a ride," he said, gripping her ass.

"I think it's time you get a life."

"Hey, what happened to being friends?" He winked. "Go grab a jacket, babe. We're going somewhere special."

He let go of her and she had to fight to put her head back on straight. She went back inside and up to his room to grab her jacket, careful of her tattoo, which was surprisingly doing well since she hadn't been able to look after it.

Her head was going in twenty different directions. There was still the doubt of being able to get over this, but being with Rampage made her feel normal again. There was Rampage himself, making her head spin. She wanted to trust him, he proved he could be there for her, but was she ready? Could she let him hurt her again? She wasn't sure.

There was one thing she was sure about and that was that the lust for him hadn't gone away. Her heart can hurt, and her head can hate, but her body will always want.