Chapter Eight

Past
Three Years Ago...

They watched as the ducks swam across the lake, as the trees swayed, and they listened to the birds sing. The sun shone through the trees and cast sparkles on the water. The breeze cooled them off from the hot summers day.

Rampage wrapped his arms tighter around her. They were sitting up against a tree, her between his legs. They had snuck away from her dad and the clubhouse to spend some time together. That's what they had to do--sneak around.

The rules were simple--for him, no dating the president's daughter; for her, no dating a brother. At first Rampage was just supposed to guard her, take her to school and that boring stuff, but when her prom date canceled Rampage took her instead. They didn't mean for it to go this far, they didn't mean to be sneaking around, but that's what happened.

She wasn't going to lie, her prom date canceling was the best thing to happen to her. Rampage made her happy. She didn't care if they had to hide things from everyone, she found it a relief that no one was in their business, and the moments they got like this one made it all worth it.

"What are you thinkin?"

She closed her eyes and smiled, turning her head, she kissed his arm. "I'm thinking of how happy you make me."

She felt him chuckle. "You make me happy too, Rebel."

They were silent for a few more minutes. Then Rebel got on her knees and faced him, wrapping her arms around his neck. "Promise me it'll stay like this. No matter what happens--even if my dad finds out--well stay together."

Rampage gripped her face and looked into her eyes. "I promise, Reb. There's no way I'd let you get away from me."

He pulled her to him, and kissed her softly, slowly. She moved her legs to straddle him and cupped his cheeks. It didn't take long for things to get heated. She moved her hips against him and he tugged on her hair, smacked her ass, and drove her wild with want and need.

"Fuck, Reb," he breathed. "We gotta stop here or I won't be able to."

Rebel placed her forehead on his and looked into his eyes. She bit her lip. She didn't want to stop, but was she ready? Did she want to do this here? With him? Her mind was so muddled with lust all she knew was that she wanted to be with him.

"Then don't," she whispered.

"You sure? I don't want you regretting nothin."

She nodded, "Yes, I want to."

Rampage gripped her hips and flipped them over. She was on her back on the blanket they brought, he placed himself between her legs. He wasn't fast or rough, he was slow, tender, gentle. Everything he did sent shivers down her body and gasps and moans escaping her lips.

"Ram..."

"Dominic. When it's you and me, call me Dominic."

She smiled. "Dominic, I like it."

He grinned but then got serious. "It's gonna hurt."

"I know."

"I'll be careful."

"I'll know you'll take care me."

******

Rampage didn't think things would change. He didn't see that happening. He never thought this outcome was possible.

Two months ago his world was right, he got his girl and his club didn't know about it, so he didn't have to choose. Now, all he was hoping was that she would pull through.

He paced the hospital hallway outside of her door. He glimpsed inside and saw her laying on the bed, bandaged and tubes sticking out of her. Emotions swelled up inside of him and he turned and punched the wall. His blood was boiling, but his eyes were blurred with tears.

This was his fault. She's wouldn't be in this position if he hadn't of done that stupid run. If he had just stuck to the plans...

The hospital doors burst open and feet pounded on the linoleum. Rampage didn't have to look up to know they were here.

"What the fuck happened?" Banks yelled. "Why the fuck aren't you being looked at?"

Rampage looked down. His left shoulder had been shot and so had his right side. His shirt had been soaked through and blood covered his arms and hands.

He shook his head. "Don't feel it. Don't need to be looked at."

"You'll feel it as your blacking out from blood lose, shithead," Snake said.

"Can we get a fucking doctor over here?" Digger yelled.

"We tried looking at him," the nurse said as she walked over. "He threw a fit."

"Well look at him now," Banks said.

The nurse made him sit down and she cut off his shirt. She began taking care of the bullet wounds and Banks stepped forward. His face was red and you could barely see the tears lining his eyes.

"What happened to my little girl, Ram?"

Rampage put his face in his hands. The last few days flashing through his mind. The flash and bang of gun shots. He was used to these sounds, but not when she was involved. He shook his head.

"She wasn't supposed to be involved. I fucked up. It should have been me. The last run, everything got fucked up..."

"Why would she be involved if you fucked up, Ram?"

He looked into his president's eyes and saw the realization dawn on him. "I'm so sorry, Prez."

"You--" Banks stopped and turned away. He turned back around, fury covering his face. "I fucking told you to stay away from her! I made myself clear and you assured me nothing would happen!"

"I didn't think--"

"Damn right, you didn't fucking think! You put my baby in danger!" He walked off and kicked a chair, sending it flying down the hall. "You need to make a choice, son. Her or the club. I won't have you put her in danger again."

"You can't make me choose, Prez!" Rampage shot to his feet. His heart was pounding. The club was his home, his family. She was is world, his life, his evrrything. He couldn't pick between them.

"You're gonna have to, Rampage. If you don't I will for you."

Looking through the window into her room, he knew he had to protect her. If he stayed with her and he stayed with the club, it could put her in another deadly situation and he may not make it next time. But if he stayed and couldn't have her, it would kill him.

Feeling like he was betraying her, he looked away as he said, "Nomad."