Chapter Six

She didn't wait around for Rampage. She didn't have to. He could kiss her big round ass.

What the fuck was he doing following her anyway? Wasn't that shithead leaving? Ugh, she could strangle him. But she wasn't going to because her dad didn't wanna hide her bodies for her. And killing a member without taking it to the table or without a justifiable reason would get her kicked out. 'He was pissing me off and always in my business,' didn't seem like it would cut it as "justifiable"--unfortunately.

Walking in the house, she found her dad passed out on the couch, some war movie on and a bottle of beer on the coffee table. In the kitchen was half of a pizza. She heated up two slices and took it upstairs.

Her dad wouldn't let her have a TV in her room, saying it would "keep her up at night", but she didn't always like to watch his shows, so they set up a TV room for her in one of the spare bedrooms. The TV took up almost half of one wall. The only window in the room was the kind that was pushed out so you could put a cushion in it and sit there. The closet was turned into shelves and held all her movies and PlayStation games. There were beanbags and recliners and a love seat. Yea, her dad was pretty awesome--most of the time.

She turned on her game system and put in Grand Theft Auto V. She was about fifteen minutes into playing when the door creaked open. Rampage came in and sat next to her on the love seat.

"How'd you find me?" She asked and she shot a man in the head.

"Followed the smell of pizza," he shrugged, "and I heard people screaming. Thought you found a victim."

"I'm pretending they're you."

He was silent for a moment. "Harsh."

"My hate for you is strong."

He leaned forward, placing his elbows on his knees and putting his face in his hands. He groaned, "What happened, happened years ago."

"Really? I hadn't noticed almost three years had gone by. God, I missed so many birthdays. Think of all the presents I have to go get now," she rolled her eyes and shot a bazooka from the rooftop at a police helicopter.

"Could you not be a smart-ass? I'm trying to be serious."

"There's nothing to be said, so go fuck your whore--she's still around somewhere--and get out of my life."

"Damn it, Reb--"

She paused her game and stood up, facing him. "It's been done. The damage has been done and it can't be fixed. You made your choice. I've finally accepted it. I don't need you digging it back up, so just go like you planned."

"You think after what I found out tonight that I'm just going to go?" He snapped.

"Yes!"

"You're putting yourself in danger, Rebel. Someone needs to protect you."

"Oh and you did a great job of that before, right?" She stared at him, emotions flying across his face so fast she couldn't make any of them out. "You weren't there then, so why should I let you be here now?"

"Reb--"

She walked out of the room before he could finish her name.

******

The next morning she walked into the garage the club owned. Her dad said she could work in there if she wanted to and after last night she needed to lose herself in her work.

"Morning, Jaylen," she said, walking up to the counter.

"Good morning," the girl gave a big smile. "You look cute."